XLII

Tʜᴇ ɢʀᴀɴᴅ ᴘʟᴀʏ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴏʟʏ ʙᴇɪɴɢ!

When M/n opened his eyes, he was looking up at a beautifully decorated ceiling

When M/n opened his eyes, he was looking up at a beautifully decorated ceiling. He was a bit confused, where was he? M/n glances around just a bit then suddenly realizes that someone is holding his hand; Arlecchino. The others were resting nearby and Zhongli was resting near his head. Another thing he noticed was a small boy roughly the same size as Abbadon fiddling with a penguin toy at the end of the bed.
"Hello?"M/n calls out as he slowly sits up, this startled the boy enough that he drops the cute toy and looks over.

He looked to be in shock! It was as if the young boy forgot how to speak for a moment before stuttering out quietly to not wake the other.
"Y-Your grace! Ar-are you okay?! D-Does anything hurt?!"He crawls over, more worried than anything, he is torn between waking everyone up or allowing them to sleep after many hours of unrest.
"I'm fine, but uh...Where are we?"

"The house of Hearth, 'Father' immediately brought you here after I found you, Sir Tartaglia, and the small dragon on the shore near the fortress. It has been a few days now but you've finally woke up."

"Thank you for finding us. Hm, you must be Freminet. It's nice to finally meet you."Freminet's eyes sparkle at the recognition from the holy one and he nods quickly.
"Yes! It's an honor to be one of your chosen!"

"You're so adorable! You remind me of my son, shy yet cheerful!"M/n hugs Freminet and chuckles. The younger of the two practically melts into M/n, reveling in the warmth given off by the holy being. He felt at his safest, he felt a bond like a child would with their parents.
"Alright, let's wake the others."

✨✨✨

Now with everyone awake, M/n was quickly smothered in the attention of his worried companions.
"Your grace, how do you feel?"

"I'm fine, I promise. I however came up with the most scandalous plan to confuse a certain traitor when she gets to Fontaine."
Pantalone tilts his head at this and inquires as to what M/n has in mind. M/n smirks and quickly leaves the room, pulling Furina with him to face the citizens who are also worried about him.
"My darling followers, I must be brutally honest with you all for this so-called curse upon you to be lifted."M/n's eyes turn gold as a barrier appears overhead. Startled Furina frantically asks what the holy one is going to say.
"Furina, for this to work we must make a play so elaborate that even Lumine cannot tell fact from fiction. That involves your very own secret. Don't worry, Focalors said this was fine. I believe no matter what, your people will still love you."Furina nodded her head, she felt relieved after 500 years. A heavy weight finally lifted from her shoulders.
"People of Fontaine, Furina is not your Archon."A hush takes over before confused voices fill the air.

How is that possible many thought, Furina has been alive for a long time!
"Listen! Furina has been standing in for her counterpart and doing research of her own to save you all and herself...Please continue to treat her with respect, kindness, and love. She did this not to trick you but to hide in plain sight and help you all. All of those in my presence are not human, you all are Oceanids and if you touch the primordial sea you will return to your original forms back to the sea that also gave birth to me."

"Thank you, your grace...I feel much lighter now that the truth is out but what do you plan to do?"

"Hehe, everyone I need you all to play your part of unknowing citizens! I need all of you to play your part but also watch a woman named Lumine closely! Make it feel as if you've become her ally after she helps you out with minuscule things, drop cute little hints about this prophecy. Make it feel as if she is fixing an unfixable problem."This time Neuvillette steps out onto the balcony, having heard the voice of his master in his mind to approach. A warmth spreads through his body, suddenly he feels whole...He felt complete.

The golden barrier suddenly starts to drip like rain across all of Fontaine.
"Because she'll be solving an already fixed problem. Neuvillette, I've restored your dragonhood myself. I've lifted the disgusting curse placed upon my people, and the primordial sea is once again at my command. You're all going to collectively play the helpless fools who need saving from some traitorous out-worlder."The people all cheer as one! No longer was doom looming over them, the people of Fontaine were even more excited to help their holy creator in his grand scheme.

"The people all cheer as one! No longer was doom looming over them, the people of Fontaine were even more excited to help their holy creator in his grand scheme