Chapter 1: Why?

Jin’s Point of View..

I'm in a hospital bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. I was in a terrible car accident that took place two months ago. And yet, I'm still in the hospital. 

It hurts to have those memories engraved in your brain. Especially when you continuously think of them.

It sucks.

I shudder softly as I think back on that horrible day.

Flashback..

Two months ago, I was involved in a t-bone car collision. I was on my way home from the grocery store when a car that was driving at the speed of light came from my blind spot. They hit the driver's side of my car. The driver of the other car died when they hit me.

I don't know how I managed to survive, but I know that it's going to be a long journey of recovery. 

The injuries that I received from this accident were a broken arm, a couple of broken ribs, a piece of metal wedged into my left thigh, and part of my spinal cord was damaged. 

And, I'm pretty sure I'll be paralyzed for the rest of my life. 

After I underwent surgery and woke up, the doctor told me that I couldn't live alone anymore. 

Present Day..
“Jin..” Someone calls out to me. 

These days, my head’s been up in the clouds, thinking of a different time: a time when I wasn't in a car accident, a time when my parents were still in my life, a time when I still had people that cared about me. 

My best friend, Kim Namjoon is sitting in a chair he's moved closer to my hospital bed. He calls out to me multiple times, until I slowly turn my head to gaze at him.

“Joonie..” I whisper tiredly.

His face brightens as he holds my hand tightly. 

"Yes?"

“Why did this have to happen to me..?” I look around at the different machinery hooked up to me. The different IV’s hold different fluids that are attached to my arms and hands.

Namjoon brings my hand up to his lips. “I don't know, Jin..”

“You're literally the only person I have left, Joonie.. Everyone else left me..” I say as I bring my hand up to caress his face.

“I'm never leaving your side, Jin. Sorry to tell you, but you're stuck with me for life.” Namjoon says with a dimpled smile.

“I wouldn't have it any other way.” I say while mirroring his smile.

The Next Day..

I slowly wake up and look around at the hospital room with white walls, equipment in some way or another hooked up to my body, and the small window. My room was the most bland, most boring room ever. 

That was until I looked down at my hand, which was being held by a sleeping Namjoon. 

Ever since the car accident, I feel as though I've been living in black and white.

These days, it seemed as if Namjoon was the only color in my life, and I appreciated it.

I sigh again as I hold his hand tighter. “How did I get to be so lucky to have you in my life?”