chapter 8

Valeria

"Lash her!"

I gasped, siting up on the bed. My heart bounced like a drum beat as I look around me taking in my environment.

I am at Clara's place.

Sighing, I feel my nerves calming down.

The room is very beautiful and a bit spacious. It is as beautiful as my bedroom back at home.

Home. I really miss home. Not home home but my dad. My dad is my home. Now he is dead. I am never going to see him again.

Tears filled my eyes.

I can't believe I am never going to see my dad again. I miss him so much.

I rest my head on the wood edge. I look out the window, the night is beautiful with the many stars igniting it.

I get off my bed and walk towards the windows. Opening them, i take in the fresh wind as it practically dried my tears.

I stare at the sparkling stars. So beautiful along with the half moon. Behind the sky is heaven where my parents are.

I hope they are looking out for me. I hope they are.

A knock came and the door opened slightly.

It's Clara.

"Hey" she said.

"Hey" I said as I quickly wipe my wet face. I move back towards the bed.

"Can't sleep?" She asked as she closed the door quietly and approach my bed.

I shake my head no.

She sit on the bed. "I understand why. You are still new here. Don't worry you will get used to it"

I nod. Forcing a smile.

Dad said we should always smile to people who treat us well so they see that we are grateful for what they are doing.

"Were you crying?" She asked.

I don't respond but look down.

"Why? What's wrong?"

I shake my head feeling my tears rolling down.

She heave a sigh as she moved closer and hugged me.

I sobbed silently.

"Shh it's okay. Everything is going to be fine"

I nod, sniffling.

I really hope that everything will. I really hope.

**********************************

"I am so sorry about your parents" Clara said as she ate her apple.

It is morning already, Clara brought me to a huge garden almost close to the woods. It is a very big and  beautiful one. I can't stop admiring it.  It has a lot of beautiful and colourful flowers and different types of trees. We are both seated on the bench eating apples.

She got them from one of the trees.

I love them. Apples are my favourite fruits. Dad will always give me an apple to take to school everyday.

"And I am sorry about the she devil and her demon sons" she said as she ate her apple.

I look at her. She looks at me, shrugging.

"Sorry for the harsh names but that's what they are" she said. "How could they do that to you? It is totally heartless"

I look down, recalling the awful memories.

"Your body is filled with marks. They will surely pay for this. The alpha will make them pay"

I look at her. "The alpha?"

She looked at me. "Well yes. He will make them pay. Maybe not today or anytime soon but trust me, once he accepts you and his responsibilities towards you, he will make those bastards pay for inflicting pain on you"

I look down, not believing in what she just said.

I know the Alpha hate me.

"See that's what we werewolves do. We don't joke with our mates. We love and protect them. We deal with anyone who lay a finger on them. That's how serious this mate thing is" she said with all seriousness but ate her apple.

Same thing Luca told me. But I am seeing the opposite in my so called mate. He hates me.

He called me a murderer. Just like my Stepmom and brothers. It hurts hearing him say that.

He won't protect me. He hates me.

"You must think the alpha hate you" she read my mind.

I look at her. She place her hand on mine.

"He is still grieving over his lost wife. You have to give him time" she said. It makes me wonder.

"How....how did she die?" I asked

"Hunters."

"Hunters? Hunters who are humans?"

She nods. "They used silver bullet to kill her. Silver bullet is the easiest way to kill werewolves."

Silver bullet?

"The Alpha hated humans from that day on. He can't stand them. He has been a shadow of himself since two years she died. He has refused to move on. Luca has tried his best to help him move on but it's of no use"

I feel my heart ache surprisingly.

"But the moon goddess has brought you to make him move on. And I am thankful to her for that" she said smiling.

I forced a little smile as I thought about how much he hate humans. He must hate us so much. The way he looked at me showed how much he does.

All these mate thing will not work. He is never going to accept me.

My eyes caught something from afar.

A wolf.

My heart picked up.

It is a bit afar, staring right at me. I shift nervously on the seat.

I touched Clara.

"Hmm?"

I point at what I saw.

She froze, standing on her feet. I stand on my feet too.

Next her normal blue eyes is replaced with a mixture of yellow and green one.

My heart sunk.

"Xavier"

Xavier?