Chapter 1

Throughout the halls of the Wrath of Man, a peculiar noise resonates

CLANG, CLANG, CLANG

Yet no one pays it any mind whatsoever

CLANG, CLANG

Those who do follow the sounds down the corridors and through nearby bulkheads

CLANG, CLANG, CLANG

As they near the source of the noise, they notice black templars lining the walls on the way there

CLANG

Standing vigil or approaching the source of the noise as well

CLANG, CLANG, CLANG

At last they reach an opening, they see a large area with templars milling about, some stand around with their fellow battle brothers, others are on patrol or just on their way out. However towards the center of this large space, two figures are seen within, duking it between one another.

Come on Luci, dodge left I think, as I watch her make maneuver after maneuver against the neophyte she is sparring with. The neophyte swings his sword to bear but narrowly misses as Luci ducks underneath and manages a kick to the abdomen to no effect, the neophyte may be as fresh as any neophyte would, but he already is leagues ahead in terms of strength and speed when compared to a normal human, still there is the hope of Luci's triumph over the neophyte.

Their swords come to blow once more with another resounding CLANG, Luci continues to leverage her small frame by continually dodging before finally ending up behind the neophyte, "RAAGHH!" she screamed as she exerted her strength into a single blow, the neophyte took notice and brought his sword up to guard, but too little too late as once their swords connected the focused forced easily overpowered the unprepared neophyte, forcing him on the ground, and before he could get up the sword was pointed at his neck, Luci drenched in sweat with a determined look in her eyes stared, "Yield" she stated plainly, the neophyte did so with a sigh.

Around them the cheers from the onlookers resounded, Luci then extended her hand to help the neophyte up, "That was some swordsmanship, sister. I'm quite impressed" the neophyte said as he took her hand to help him up, "I have a good teacher" she says as she looks over to me with a smile, I nod in response "Well then, I wish you the best of luck in your future duels, sister" the neophyte responds before returning to the watch of his initiate. Luci gleefully approaches me and asks "Did you see how well I've learned, father?" It was a bit of an adjustment being referred to as 'father' as opposed to 'brother', but it stuck eventually, "Yes, Luci. You performed well despite the imbalance, we'll make a warrior out of you yet" I replied

Luci, with an even wider smile asked "So, do we have anything else today except for our litanies and prayers?" I paused for a moment before remembering "Indeed we do, we must visit Brother Erik before he returns to his slumber", at the mention of Erik Luci looking wide eyed said "He's awake now!? Then we must go!" She raced off towards the dreadnought bay while I simply followed at a walking pace.

Many things had happened since we took Luci in, about four years after Erik suffered a cataclysmic wound when an explosive strapped squig charged our squad, he valiantly intercepted the squig before the rest of the squad was injured. Luci was only ten when the accident happened and has not spoken to Erik since, now she is fifteen and is eager as ever to retell my former mentor about her exploits in her training regimen.

As I entered the bay I could hear the whirring and sounds of different machinery alike as the tech marines worked tirelessly to maintain the other dreadnoughts, amongst the noise I could hear Luci valiantly retelling the tale to Erik, "And then I swung around and knocked the neophyte on his back!" she says while making sword noises, Erik chuckles from within his dreadnought "It seems Adelhard's decision to bring you along wasn't completely unfounded then, given your most recent exploits" as I approach, Luci takes notice "Father, you're here! I just finished retelling uncle Erik all about my duel earlier" I removed my helmet before saying "I see, and what do you think of it, Erik?" Erik chuckled a little more before saying "You have trained her well, I am both impressed and proud of both for accomplishing this feat" Luci beamed with happiness and I nodded solemnly at his comment.