..29..

A loud snapping noise made Riley shoot awake.

She looked around quickly. She was in the living room in The Burrow. Fred had his arm around her, holding her close to his chest, George was by her feet. Ginny and Ron were curled up on another sofa asleep, and Molly was sat in a chair opposite them, knitting.

"Hey, it's okay. You fell asleep, so I carried you in." Fred said softly down to the girl. Riley smiled at him slightly and nodded.

"That will be Remus, dear." Molly smiled slightly, placing down her knitting and moving to Ginny and Ron to wake them up.

"Up to bed." Molly ordered softly as the two youngest Weasley's woke up.

"But Mum," Ginny protested sleepily.

"No buts. Go on." Molly chuckled. Ginny and Ron groaned and padded up the stairs as Bill appeared at the stop of the stairs leading from the basement. He gave Riley a small nod and reassuring smile when he saw she was awake.

A knock on the door turned everyone's attention, and Molly rushed over to answer it.

The moment the door opened, Riley caught sight of Remus. He looked flustered and concerned. Molly enveloped him in a welcoming hug as he apologised for taking so long. Molly, of course, dismissed the apology, saying it was no trouble at all.

Remus locked eyes on his daughter and sighed sadly as he stepped into the house, clutching a dusty old box.

"Come here, Pup." He urged softly. Riley plodded over to him, rubbing her eyes sleepily. Remus pulled Riley into him and hugged her tight. "I'm sorry you didn't get a few days." he said softly.

"I'm sorry you didn't." Riley chuckled.

"How you been?" He chimed.

"Alright. I -" Riley started. "I decided. About the Scar Treatment," she said quietly.

"We don't have to talk about that right now." Remus laughed.

"No, I want to have it done." She smiled up at him. "When we have figured out whatever is going on right now." she laughed.

"Okay. I'll sort it for you." He said, half laughing. "Hello, boys." Remus smiled at the twins who were now standing across the room.

"Moony," The twins coursed, happily.

"Can you give me a few minutes with Molly and Arthur before we come get you?" He asked softly. Looking down at his daughter, who was still in his arms. Riley nodded and stepped back.

Remus, Molly, and Bill all disappeared back into the basement. Fred and George both walked sheepishly over to Riley.

"What do you think they're talking about?" George asked curiously as the three walked out the front door and into the garden.

"Probably Sirius being innocent." Riley shrugged. Riley slumped back into Fred's chest as George passed around lit cigarettes.

Riley couldn't shift a scent she had picked up. It was Sirius. She had thought she had just smelt it on Remus, but now she was outside. She could still smell it.

"Bloody fool." Riley hissed as she walked quickly up the path.

George and Fred looked at each other, confused, before following her up the path. She stopped at the gate and bent over it, slightly looking behind the fence.

Then she saw him.

A black shaggy hound laying flat on its belly to hide behind the fence. Looking up at her happily with bright blue eyes.