01 : welcome back

LOLITA AGUILAR checked her gps while driving to the location her sister had sent her a few hours ago

LOLITA AGUILAR checked her gps while driving to the location her sister had sent her a few hours ago. She knew she needed to get there fast if she wanted to snag a spot in the one and done race tonight. Pressing her foot down on the pedal, she sped down another back road and spotted a racer blocking the end of it.

Screw this. She thought to herself as she drove towards him and the young man leaned across to his passenger window.

"Road's closed, sweetheart. Gotta find another route." He smirked with a toothpick hanging between his lips as she rolled her eyes at him and laid her hand on the horn. "I ain't movin' baby."

Lala smirked and revved her engine before gassing it towards him and locking her brakes last second. "Gonna move now, 'baby'?" She grinned and put her hand on her gearshift, knowing he would move.

The man, Leon, waved her through as he backed his car up just enough for her to fit. "You better be racing for all that!" He yelled out the window to her and she sarcastically saluted out the window, pulling up to the crowded area. There were so many more people at tonight's race than her sister made it seem. Granted, that's what happens when a Toretto races.

Lala drove slowly as the crowd barely moved out of her way until she made it to where she could see the crews gathered around each other. She parked her car by her long long long distance friends before stepping out and going over to Hector while the others headed over to the starting line.

She stepped up to Hector as he had the money and a pink slip in his hands, no doubt she wanted in. "Got room for one more?" She questioned and Hector looked up from the stacked up buy ins that he held. His face broke into a grin and he nodded.

"What's the Viper doing on our coast? Shouldn't you be hustling those east side babies?" He laughed as she did a short handshake with him. Lala and Hector ran a few races down in Florida before she moved back to Cali and joined the force.

"Had to come back home, family issues. What's the buy in?" She reached into her jacket pocket and Hector shrugged before nodding over to where the other three cars were getting ready.

"It's a 2g one and done, winner gets the money and this new gearhead's slips." He motioned to the bright ass green car that was in the line up. "Also, Dom is in this one so I don't know if you want to get in tonight."

Lala handed him the wad of cash and started heading back to her own car. "That's why I came." She smirked and joined the line up, her car being positioned between Dom and a shorter man, she believed his name was Edwin.

She felt eyes on her as she glanced to her right and saw the man next to her and the new gearhead looking over at her. Only it wasn't a gearhead, it was Brian. Their eyes locked and he furrowed his brows at her presence, Lala being the first to look away. What is he doing here?

— after the race —

Dom pulled to a stop with Lala not even a second behind him. "Shit!" She smacked the steering wheel lightly, it was so close. Even Brian was right on her ass.