12: new lies

Lala felt completely out of place in this club

Lala felt completely out of place in this club. She used to party constantly as a young teen but now that she's an adult, she has no idea how she was able to withstand it. Thankfully, this wasn't a wild club like she'd been dreading. Instead it was more upscale even with the young women dancing on tables.

Her eyes wandered around the crowd hoping to see her man in the sea of people but she couldn't see his blonde curls anywhere. She made her way over to the bar with Monica just in time for Carter to pop up in the overpass, watching down on everyone. Lala's eyes met his, a hungry smirk making its way onto his face as his eyes raked her figure.

"I'll be right back." Monica tapped her arm and ventured off. She hated being here especially since Monica formed more doubts about her relationship with Brian. Even if the woman didn't intend to make her feel negatively about this, she still did.

She ordered herself an ultra honeyed pineapple sour and sat on the cushioned stool, her eyes scanning the crowd again. Finally, they landed on Brian whom was over at the end of the second bar with Monica. Her face hardened when she noticed that Monica was feeling up on Brian's arm. Her fingers were toying with the bracelet on his wrist, the bracelet that Lala and Leticia had gifted him for his birthday.

"His ass gonna get us all killed." Rome's voice made her jump at the close proximity. He leaned on the bar next to her and ordered himself a drink as well. "Monica is bad news and him being all up on her like this is bad news too."

Lala rolled her eyes at him and downed her glass. "I trust him, Rome. I don't trust her ass though."

"Damn..." He muttered and she looked over at him in confusion. She realized that he noticed Carter looming above them with a smug expression as if he won some sort of prize. "We're done, Lo. He's killing us."

"I know, the question is whether or not it'll be tonight." She mused as they made their way over to Brian and Monica.

Rome leaned between the two of them, informing that Verone was here. Brian turned and noticed that Lala was standing with an annoyed expression.

"He's over there, don't be a dumbass and look." She spat out at him with irritation and a hint of jealousy laced in her words.

Lala felt a hand touch her arm as a young woman made her way into the small group. "Excuse me, Mr. Verone would like for you to join him."

"Following you, love." She responded in the southern accent she'd been using earlier at Verone's estate. She didn't even bother waiting for the others as she followed her either. But she knew they'd caught up when Brian's arm snaked its way around her waist, a quick kiss being pressed to her cheek.

"I got a bad feeling, baby." He whispered in her ear as they ventured to Carter's private room. "Shit goes sideways, you get back to the boathouse."

She rolled her eyes and looked over at Carter's men and then him. She lowered her voice before speaking back to him. "He knows where we live, B."