13: new endings

The boys were standing in front of Markham and Bilkins, with the latter wearing a Hawaiian shirt

The boys were standing in front of Markham and Bilkins, with the latter wearing a Hawaiian shirt. They had called an emergency meet up due to the news Monica dropped on Brian that morning. Lala strutted up to the little group, a folder in her hands. She was adorned in a black cropped tank top that showed off her tanned stomach along with a pair of dark blue daisy dukes. She had a belly chain around her waist that hooked into her belly button piercing.

"Nice shirt, Baldy." She laughed while stopping between Brian and Rome. They had gotten there just minutes before her as she had to go get paperwork for Bilkins.

"It's my day off." He defended himself poorly.

"Well, anyhow, this is the deal. Last night Verone threatened a cop into giving us a window." Brian explained to the agents.

Lala nodded before continuing for him. "They're going to the Keys, it should be right off of Nallwood Avenue. He has an airstrip there and he plans on taking off for good."

"Wait a minute, how do you know this?"

He shrugged, "Monica. She's doing her job, she warned us."

"She warned you about what?" He questioned and Brian bit his lip, looking over at Lala who didn't get told this information yet.

"Verone plans to kill us after we give him the money." He states hesitantly, his eyes watching the wave of emotions going over his girl's face.

"What?!" She screamed at him as Bilkins lost his temper too.

"Driving into an ambush wasn't the deal. I'm calling it off." He pulled out a phone just for Markham to grab at him.

"Like hell you are. This is a Customs' case, Bilkins. No one's calling this off unless I do." He demanded angrily to him for undermining his authority.

The amount of anger that his words made Lala feel was indescribable. She wanted nothing more than to punch him square in the face for not acknowledging the danger her boys would be put in.

"Look, this is real simple. Make the run, get Verone and his cash together, so I can move in. You don't and I'll file enough charges on you to make you disappear. You included, Ortiz - street royalty or not." He spoke, Lala narrowed her eyes while gripping the folder she held in her arms. "Take these, we're gonna have GPS on you so you don't get any cute ideas."

Bilkins looked at him incredulously. "And to make sure nothing happens to them, right?"

"Yeah, right." Markham rolled his eyes and walked away from the group.

Lala watched his figure retreating then turned to the others. "I'll meet you back at the garage. I gotta clear some things up."

Brian nodded and kissed her temple, dragging Rome outside with him to form a plan. She waited until she heard the door close before looking at Bilkins again.