𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝒍𝒆𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒕

Elijah

My alarm screamed in my ear, signalling that it was time to get up. I didn't want to get up. I didn't want to see Tobias today, or ever for that matter.

Why did I liked him for so long? After all, he's treated me like shit. Only me for that matter.
Of course he hates me, everyone else does too. I hate my-fucking-self, I hate that I fell for him.

I felt my legs wobble, becoming weak as if they were noddles. Tears stinged in my eyes as I started to hyperventilate. My body started to tremble, I hugged myself tightly. Trying to calm my breath.

I fell to me knees, wanting to sob on the floor. I wanted someone to comfort me, hug me, hold me close.

Like yesterday.

No, you know that'll never happen again.

After a few minutes I managed to calm myself down. My eyes were puffed and red from crying but I still needed to go to school. So I pull myself off the floor and go get ready

I stand by my locker, remembering what had happened right here, just yesterday morning. I was punched, which made me fal to the floor, hitting my head and going unconscious.

Yet I still had the audacity to make-out with him yesterday.

Pathetic

I let out a sigh, pulling my hood over my hair, attempting to walk away, but a hand pulled me back with ease. I crashed into their chest, but they didn't seem to budge from me accidentally crashing into their chest.

I tilted my head up, and my eyes were met with Tobias's dark chocolate eyes, that stared down at me. He looked as if he also had been crying, nor like he's gotten a lot of sleep.

Not to mention he still has a grip on my hand.

I push away from him and attempted to leave but he grabbed my arm and held me steady. And I hated that. I hated that it made my heart flutter.

"Let.me.go." I say demanding, but he only loosens his grip ever so slightly.

"Elijah-"

"Leave me alone!" I screamed, as felt tears threatening to spill.

"Please, listen." He begged, the guilt on his face intensifying.

"What is there to listen to?" I spat coldly.

"I just want to talk..."

My eyes widened and I grit my teeth, a cackle erupted from my throat.

"Talk?... You wanna talk? You know how long ago you could have talked to me?" I paused, looking at his expression, which still looked guilty.

"Do you remember what happened here yesterday?... You came up to me, and for no reason you punched me. Instead of punching we could have fucking talked then. But instead you
did what?"

He looked at the floor.

I snatched my hand away and turned away from him, "Leave me alone Tobias, I don't wanna talk." I walked away, in the corner of my eye I watched him attempt to reach out for me again but pull his hand away.

Why are you pushing him away?

I have too, he fucking hates me. I don't wanna like a guy who punches me just because I'm weaker.

Isn't that what you deserve?

I lean on the wall in the bathroom, blowing out the air from my vape. I've been here for at least ten minutes.

I hear footsteps and I shrug them off until I see a familiar face. Ellis, what's he doing here?

To use the restroom, duh.

"Elijah? Are you ok- why are you vaping!?" He shouts and I instinctively ran and covered his mouth. "Why are you so fucking loud!?" I loudly whispered.

"Sorry, but why are you... Vaping? You know it's bad for you." He removed my hand from his mouth and frowned.

"No shit."

"Are you ok? You look like you've been crying." He asks gently, his hand on my shoulder.

And just like that, I wanted to fall in his arms and sob, letting everything on my mind just roll off my tongue.

His hazel eyes were hypnotizing as they laid on me with worry. Like nothing else mattered right now but me. My heart felt light, my mouth opened but I heard people coming in and I instantly closed my mouth.

"Nothing." I attempted to turn away but his hand clamped onto me, turning me to face him
"Tell me what's wrong, I don't care that they're here. If they say anything to you, or about you... I'll beat the absolute shit out of them." His tone made my blood run cold, his voice was purposely loud so they could hear and I watched them all freeze before leaving the bathroom.

I felt tears prick from my eyes, he took the vape from my hands as his worried expression took form.

"Hey, hey, don't cry. It's alright." He placed his hand on my cheek, wiping the tears that slowly rolled down my cheek with his thumb.

I had told him most of everything that I had on my mind. Tobias bullying me for months, the talk I had with him last night. What I didn't tell him was that I had some sort of feelings for Tobias.

"... I'm so sorry that-"

"Don't, I don't want your pity." I grumbled before a sigh rolled off my tongue.

"Then what do you want to hear?"

"Tell me something I might not wanna hear, but it's still the truth." I respond.

"Well... I don't think he really hates you, anymore. By how he was laughing and joking yesterday with us, with you. I think he's a decent person. I think he might be trying to change. Don't worry... I'll talk to him. Ok?"

"... Thank you." I say with a smile.

"For what?"

"For listening to me."

"No problem, I'm just glad you're ok." He sent a smile back at me.

"Mhmm, now can I get my vape back?" My face forms into a frown as I see the vape in his hand.
"...fine, just do it outside of school." He tosses it to me and I catch it and shove it in my pocket. Just in time too because I heard a pair of keys before a teacher walked in.

"You boys get to class, no skipping!" He shouted with a frown.

"Yes sir." Ellis replied with a nervous chuckle.