1 | tea room

• • •
Cherish

I was speed walking down the royal halls like my life depended on it. Not literally, but in a way, yes it did.

Somehow, last minute I was told to deliver the royal tea, to the tea room. Now, this could've been a normal family, no. This was the king-and-queen-and-prince-and-princess family. Vincent and Eleanor were the king and queen of Astoria. I lived here and yet, I did not know where it was located.

The royal halls screamed royal-ness; if that's even a word. They had white pillars in every wall, the walls were a white, but for the top half of the wall were a fancy, light blue- I don't even think they called it light blue. Anyways, just below the light blue was a gold accent, acting as a barrier between the white and blue. Between each pillar, was a thin, rectangular glass table with a white and gold pot filled with flowers. Lillies to be exact, the grandmas favorite; from what I've heard.

Lillies were my favorite flower. For the total of the nine years of growing up in the village, I sometimes had to run away into the forest, that led to a clearing, hidden from plain sight. The clearing had a waterfall with rocks surrounding the bottom of the mini pool, the waterfall had created. Including, Lillies. It was just the whiteness about them, that made me find more peace within them.

When I first found the clearing, the Lillies were the one that caught my eye, and I kid you not, it almost seemed like they were glittering and shimmering and shining. Any alternative for glitter you got, and those described the Lillies.

Obviously now living in the castle, I couldn't go to the clearing, but the memory was still in my mind.

I finally made it in front of the tea room. I took a deep breath, collecting myself before entering the room. "Gregory," I nodded at the guard. It was hell, but I finally remembered every single name of each and every guard, maid, servant; you name it and I knew their name.

Which was a lot of freaking names.

I walked in, and not one person in that room batted me an eye. I stalked over to the back of the room, setting the tray down on the table in front of the window. The window had a beautiful view of the garden.

I grabbed the teapot and poured that into the teacups. I then opened up the sugar cube cup and grabbed the miniature tongs. I remembered what they preferred. The queen wants two cubes, the king doesn't want any, the prince wants three-because he hates unsweetened tea- and the princess, wants five. Even though the mother says only three, I secretly give her five.

When I'm done with the cubes, I cover up that little cup, and put the cups of tea on a small tray. I put them in order so that way, I don't mess up the orders.

Always serve the king first. My head reminded me.

I walked over to the king, placing his tea on the little coaster, that matched the tea cup perfectly. The kings crown, was what would be described in the books, the gold and the jewels. Except, each jewel was found in the royal mines. He had blonde hair and green eyes. If he didn't scream king, I didn't know what would. He wore what kings usually wear. Don't ask me, because I have no idea how to explain it. To many fancy words, I think.

I then walked over to the queen, doing the same thing as I did the king. Even though the queen was in her forties, she did not look a day over twenty five. The crown she was wearing, perched on her blonde hair, which flowed effortlessly behind her back, her eyes were a pretty blue, maybe possibly a shade lighter. Her sharp jawline, and her sharp eyes, made her look like a model. Her crown was a beautiful silver, polished and everything. The only jewel was the diamond, which matched her ring finger. Both were sharply cut and beautiful.