Someday

Book was sitting on a seat in the airport waiting to board his plane. He was finally going back to Thailand after 3 years of traveling solo around the world. He felt like he had learned so much during the past few years, and was ready to see all of his friends and family again. He missed his parents so much and wanted to hug them and tell them about all the new stories he had.

His brother is picking him up from the airport when he lands, to take him back to his condo. He was already so tired and planned to spend a day just sleeping to get rid of his jet lag. Book thought itd be better to be wide awake and refreshed meeting his parents so that he could give them his undivided attention.

As he was finally called to board the plane, he made his way to his seat and put his carry on above his head. He took out his air pods and put them in his ears before settling into his seat. He knew listening to music would help him fall asleep and not think. He didn't want to think. Thinking only led to his memories of everything that happened before he left. He was already anxious enough about setting foot back in the place where everything went wrong.

The last layover was finally complete and only had a few more hours before he reached Thailand. The song playing in his ears was "Somebody To Love" by P'Bird and he chuckled at how fitting it was for his situation.

"Book. Hey Book."

Just as he was drifting to sleep, he heard his name being called. He opened one of his eyes, to see where the voice was coming from. He shot straight up in his seat and took out his air pods. It was the one person he was not looking forward to seeing after all this time.

Force.

Why here? Why now? Of all the places to reunite with Force, why did it have to be in this giant inescapable metal box thousands of feet in the air? Book felt a million emotions begin to course through his body. None of which he hoped displayed on his face.

"Can I sit down?" Force asked hestitantly.

Book shut his eyes and took a deep breath trying to calm his racing heart. He thought he was lucky no one had booked the seat next to him, but now would rather have a smelly stranger there.

He could see the look on Force's face. A mixture of desperation and worry. He knew exactly what he was thinking. Book hated that he knew him so well.

"Fine" Book responded slumping back in his seat, turning his head toward the open window. He looked out at the night sky and had a fleeting thought of grabbing a parachute to jump out. Anything to avoid the conversation that was about to take place.

As Force sat down, his arm grazed Book's who flinched away. Hurt spread on Force's face, but he knew it was all his fault he reacted this way.

They both sat in silence for a moment, neither knowing how to begin the conversation.

Force finally broke the quiet tension "So, you're finally coming back home. Are you going to see your parents tonight?" Force wanted to try small talk at first, but Book was having none of it.

"What do you want Force? Why are you even here?"

"I had a fanmeet in another country and am on my way back. I didn't expect to see you here."

"I wish you hadnt."

Book's words were daggers to his heart.

"Just say what you want to say, and go back to your seat. I'm too tired to deal with you right now."

Book in fact was tired. Tired of running from his feelings and pretending he was okay. For three years, every time he would close his eyes in bed, he could only picture the day he left. Every single syllable of the last conversation between them, raced through his mind. Crying into his pillow pondering when it all began to go wrong. Wishing that he could forget everything. Forget Force.