Chapter One Act I - Of the Land Amidst Monoliths

Rite of Descension

(At Liyue Harbor)

Paimon: If you wanna find the Geo Archon, this is the only chance you'll get all year.

Paimon: Guess it's a good thing Venti brought it up earlier, otherwise we definitely would've missed this year's Rite of Descension.

(Traveler): Do you know when it is?

Paimon: Uhh... might be today, might also be tomorrow...

(Traveler): Do you know where it is?

Paimon: Well, Venti brought up the time, but Paimon... knows nothing about where it is... Ehe.

Paimon: Look, we're already in Liyue so let's go ask some of the locals.

Paimon: Oh, right. About the Geo Archon, "Morax"...

Paimon: Did you know? The Mora that we use is named after this god.

Paimon: But it's seen as impolite for people from outside Liyue to refer to the Geo Archon by that name.

Paimon: So we should refer to the Geo Archon by the name Rex Lapis, like the people of Liyue do.

(You ask Linlang, a citizen of Liyue)

Linlang: Rite of Descension... Oh yeah, that reminds me, isn't that today?

Linlang: Once a year, Rex Lapis bestows upon us his divine prediction, guiding us on how to run Liyue for the coming year.

Linlang: Last year it was the Yuheng of the Liyue Qixing that was given the honor of asking for the divine prediction.

(Traveler): Liyue Qixing?

(Traveler): Yuheng?

Paimon: Ooh! Paimon knows this one!

Paimon: Mondstadt is to freedom as Liyue is to contracts. Liyue has a strong focus on business and trade.

Paimon: The Liyue Qixing — the seven leaders of the seven enterprises of Liyue — hold true control over Liyue.

Linlang: That's what outlanders always say.

Linlang: But true control over Liyue will always be held by Rex Lapis.

Linlang: The Qixing is comprised of mere mortals. Rex Lapis is a god. Mondstadt's god is nowhere to be seen, whilst our god is forever with us.

Linlang: Stay in Liyue long enough and you'll see...

Gentry De'an: Another year, another Rite of Descension... Good news for some, gloom and doom for others...

Gentry De'an: Huh... Nothing to do with me.

Linlang: Given that you just left your godless city, it's time you experienced what it's like to be in a city whose god has walked with it through all of history.

Paimon: Great! Then we can start our experience off with the Rite of Descension.

Linlang: Good choice. Then get going. To the high ground.

(Talk to Guanhai)

Guanhai: Oh! Are you also visitors here for the Rite of Descension?

Guanhai: To think I've lived in Liyue all these years and never come to see this before.

Guanhai: I guess it's like they say. Locals never visit the tourist spots.

Guanhai: I wish you well on your travels! Liyue always welcomes you!

(Talk to Bolai)

Bolai: You too wish to bear witness to the Rite of Descension? Me, too! We all do!

Bolai: As a businessman myself, how could I not take interest in Liyue's most important business trends?