03 : sunday barbecue

LALA sat on the curb outside of the diner that she asked Dom to meet her at and waited

LALA sat on the curb outside of the diner that she asked Dom to meet her at and waited. Does she tell him the truth? That she's technically a part of the fbi, that Brian is working to take them down? How do you tell somebody that? She pulled the photos from her waistband and frowned at them. Every step they've taken, the feds were there. They're one step ahead of them. Is that because of Brian or just sheer luck?

Dom pulling to a stop broke her out of her thoughts. She jumped up and got in the car quickly. She put on her seatbelt as he started driving again. "Thanks for getting me."

He nodded and made a turn, "what happened again? You got lost?" He asked as he made another turn towards his house.

Lala shrugged, "it's been a while since I've been in LA, I managed to end up downtown instead of over your way." It was a lie, obviously. She couldn't tell him. Not yet at least.

"Mia still gets lost sometimes, too. Nothing wrong with that." He pulled into the driveway a few minutes later and Lala got out with him.

"Thanks for the lift. I'll have Letty run me home in a bit." She smiled at Dom and put her bag over her shoulder.

He started walking towards the side yard and she followed suit. "It's Sunday, nobody's going anywhere." Dom opened the grill and grabbed the brush from the tray next to it.

"What's special about Sunday?" She asked him with a raised brow. "Other than church."

"I barbecue every Sunday, it's a family tradition. One that you are now participating in." He scraped the grill as he spoke. "Brian is coming too, along with the usual group."

"Sounds...cozy." She hugged herself and Dom faltered for a second. He could see there was something between the two, the tension was palpable and it seemed as though he was the only one noticing it.

"Letty's inside with Mia, go help them with the sides." He stated and went back to scraping. Dom expected pushback like he'd normally get from Letty but she just smiled and nodded before going inside. For them being so close in age and sisters, the two couldn't be more different.

Lala stepped into the kitchen and laughed at the sight in front of her. Mia and Letty were putting together pasta salad and potato salad, everytime they turned their backs - Jesse scooped potato salad out of the large bowl and ate the spoonful. He made a shushing motion to Lala at her laughter.

"Hey, bird. Dom said he had to pick you up, you okay?" Letty asked while chopping potatoes, in turn Mia stopped her because they were too thick and nudged her away from the counter.

"Yeah I just got a little lost." She plopped onto a stool at the table, shrugging her jacket off and pulling her hair clip out. "I was thinking of maybe taking off, after Race Wars."

This got all three of their attention.

"What?" Jesse asked and furrowed his brows.

"You just got here, Lo." Mia chimed in at the same time.