Confession

That was when he was a first year.

Y/n is in the second year now and guess what?

Surprising news flash, Y/n is still single after the confession.

And to be honest, Y/n wasn't fazed. With the many times he has been rejected, he wouldn't fret over a girl saying "Ew, you're not my type..." and nearly dodge a slap to the face in the process.

And today marked the beginning of the second month of his second year in high school as Y/n was in the clubroom with his band mates during lunch.

And this time, everyone was here.

Including Nico, the rhythm guitarist with black hair and red eyes who practiced his instrument with a straight face. It could be because he got shot with paintballs many times before and learned his lesson but it seems that he rather be with his girlfriend than here.

Anyways, there's Y/n and Nico alone with Kazuki, Kenji, and So. Many of them were third years, Kenji being the other second year in the club as they were practicing their parts for a new song.

Y/n was in charge of the lyrics thanks to his father's blood, focusing dead on when he hears a sigh from Nico. "Man, why can't we just practice after school? It's Wednesday so it's mandatory..."

Kazuki glared at the brunette with his chocolate eyes, "That's because we're the best musicians in the school!"

"Yeah, but still..."

"As much as I would rather be with my girlfriend as well, I want to perfect these songs as best as we can..." So added while doing a small solo and twirled his sticks around. "I don't wanna end my school year like a deflated balloon..."

"Yeah, what So said... Your's, mine's, and So will be gone in a year and I want to make this the best year of music as possible... You'd want that too, right, Nico?"

"..."

Nico sighs, "Yeah... I guess so... I just love her, man... It's going to be our two year anniversary soon and-"

"Don't worry... We'll let you go for your anniversary when the day comes... For now, we need to outperform the emo band to host the ending of first semester's festival..."

"Those punks..." Nico's spine shivers. "Yeah, I have to agree with you guys on that... Those guys are... weirdly strange..."

Everyone laughs as Kazuki turns to Y/n who was writing his lyrics on the table. "How's it going, Scourge Junior?"

"Huh?" Y/n asked before figuring out what Kazuki wanted. "Oh... I got a few songs..."

"Really? Let's see..."

Y/n hands Kazuki a couple of papers and read it.

"..."

His eyes widened.

"Eight songs?! Y/n!"

"I know... The lyrics might not fit with the theme of each-"

"No! We just started last month! The festival is starting in a few! How do you have that much time on your hands?!"

The boy shrugs softly. "I'm just that-"

"You know exactly why, Kazuki..." the drummer buts in and points a stick at Y/n. "It's because Y/n, the lead singer of a band who is supposed to be destined to be surrounded by girls, doesn't have a girlfriend... The last girl that we tried to hook him up with screamed so loud, we thought you did something stupid..."

"Why am I hearing this for the first time?"

"That's because you're always hanging out with your girlfriend, Nico!"