𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

CHAPTER NINETEEN
Two Anchors

While the killing spree didn't settle Preston's murderous urges, it did settle it for enough time to get her back to Mystic Falls. She sat on the couch with Elena in the Salvatore house while Damon was having a drink.

"Today is a good day. Today is the day that we're getting Bonnie back." Elena said, continuously peppering kisses on Preston's lips.

"Greetings. Good morning, frenemies." Silas greeted, opening the curtains with his witch powers. "Ah. You know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch... but somehow the sun feels warmer. Probably because I'm not cursed with having to outlive it anymore."

"Well, hello to you too." Preston snarked.

"What's with the home invasion, Silas?" Damon asked.

"Well, Damon, after 2000 years of a miserable existence... I finally get to die." Silas said happily.

Preston and Elena stood up from the couch.

"We all know that Tessa was a real vengeful bitch. Your doppelgänger, Amara, died at her hands. But today, after 2000 years, Amara and I will finally reunite." Silas explained.

"I did not need to know any of that." Preston commented, getting a glare from Elena.

"Skip the mushy parts. Look, Elena here is just trying to have a good day. And there are promises she's expecting you to keep." Damon told Silas.

"Oh, you don't think I keep promises?" Silas wondered.

"No." Preston answered, crossing her arms.

"You said now that you're a witch, you would bring Bonnie back from the Other Side." Elena said.

"I did and I can." Silas replied.

"And you promised Damon that you would do that if he helped you. But you're kind of evil, no offense." Elena explained.

"None taken." Silas replied in understanding.

"So I'm just trying to figure out how I can trust that one of your last acts in this world will be to bring my best friend back?" Elena reasoned.

"Did you want me to pinky swear?" Silas asked. Preston couldn't hold in her laugh, getting glares from both Damon and Elena.

"What? He's got more personality than Stefano, plus, I mean, come on, it's kinda funny." Preston defended.

"Elena's trying to have a good day. Just tell her how it's gonna go down." Damon told Silas.

"I just want to destroy the Other Side so I don't get stuck in purgatory when I finally do kill myself. Before I do that, I'll bring Bonnie back. And being the amazing and incredible and all-powerful witch that I am... I can totally do both. I just have to find the Anchor first and destroy it." Silas explained.

Elena furrowed her brows, "the anchor?"

"New Jersey." Silas answered.