𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

EPILOGUE
Nearly Drunken Sorrows

Enzo sat drinking in his sorrows. It felt incomplete without the one he had grown used to calling his own daughter. What stuck in his mind was the words Mary used. And it pained him. He thought he knew pain when he was tortured in a cell, but he was wrong.

    Caroline and Stefan found Enzo, both of them furrowed their brows. They hadn't seen Enzo in this sort of state ever, no really had. "She's gone. Preston is dead, wiped out from existence." Enzo wiped the stuff running from his nose.

    Caroline looked at him with sympathy. "Enzo..."

    "She's dead! She's— Preston Marie Winchester-Campbell is dead. The girl who I have wanted to protect since the moment I saw her, the girl who I share a bond with... the girl who probably isn't my biological daughter, but who the hell knows anymore!" Enzo threw the bottle for it to shatter.

    Caroline jumped in shock.

    "Enzo, I told her to go—" Stefan started, trying to apologise.

    "I know. I should have waited— I thought she was going to follow me, but... but she didn't. This is my fault, really." Enzo blamed himself completely.

    He couldn't blame Bonnie. He knew she was trying to get Preston to pass through her, but Preston wouldn't.

    Enzo felt his heart drop to the ground. Preston was dead. She was gone. And she wasn't in Hell, she was just... dead. He unclenched his fists and let out a shaky breath. Caroline and Stefan decided to leave him to his own sad party.

    He couldn't handle this. He thought it was hard when he found out that Mary died, but this? This felt worse somehow. But he tried to think: at least he got to know Preston. But it still fucking hurt him.

    Because now he was thinking about how if he wasn't trapped by Augustine, he could have been a part of her life growing up. He could have given her the chance to go to school, even though she would have hated it. She could have done a sport like baseball, or hockey, or football, soccer, whatever, or something else. He could have been the one she went to when times were rough. And maybe he'd have an argument with Sam and Dean on who would walk Preston down the aisle at Preston and Elena's wedding because he knew damn well they'd get married someday.

    Enzo finished the last bottle, still not drunk enough to forget.

    "It should have been me." He murmured to himself. "I should have stayed." He cursed at himself.

    Meanwhile, Preston was still knocked out by the transfer. She had a vision. The guy from her most recent visions appeared. He was clearer this time. But it was different from her other visions. It felt like they were in a black room, or a world where it was only darkness and they were trapped.

    She could talk in the vision, and he'd respond, she could feel that. "Who the hell are you?"

    "It doesn't matter."

    "Except it does. I've never had a psychic vision like this before—"

    "That's because it's not really a vision, well, I mean it is... but it's not past, future or present. And it's not really an alternate reality. This is more like a, uh, what's the word I'm looking for? Uh, placeholder sort of thing. It's kind of like a box we're trapped in. I won't remember much of this entire conversation— you, on the other hand, will." He explained.

    "That's nice, who the hell are you?" Preston asked again.

    He paused for a second, looking at her, unsure of what to say. "I'm K—"

Enzo's just making up scenarios if he was there for Preston's entire life-

Well, that's that, there'll be the usual quick little note chapter next, but feel free to just go to the third & final book out now: Back In Black

Okay, bye!