Height and Thrills

Sometimes I feel like Isaiah gets over his head sometimes. He doesn't really think things through. I get it. We shelter themselves in a small abandoned house with no one else, not even a responsible adult, to take care of us. We can't go wandering around outside because of our certain size issue. I mean we're the size of ants now, so we gotta be really cautious.

I thought this abandoned house we woke up in was a really safe refugee. It had lots of food we could eat, even though getting to that food was really hard. So, I get it. When nothing exciting goes on, Isaiah likes to spice it up a little.

He doesn't like being tiny, but at the same time, the new size change can be a little fun with all the things you're small enough to do now. Oh, right. I haven't introduced myself yet. My name is Nikki. Nikki Ellidy. You may think I'm crazy, but I used to be dead a long time ago. So did Isaiah, and our other friend, Mercury, who were both my age.

Isaiah is a cat with orange-peach colored fur, a white muzzle and white underbelly. He had blue eyes and a pink nose, white gloves with a yellow thunderbolt on each wrist, and black and red boots with two white thunderbolts. He wore a red bandana around his neck as well.

Mercury is a mouse with brown fur and a white muzzle with dark brown freckles. She had violet eyes, her hair was tied into pigtails, she wore a purple ribbon around her neck, a pink sweater, and a black skirt. She didn't wear gloves and was completely barefoot, and her tail was skinny and really long that a regular sized person could easily wrap their finger around it and even pick her up by the tail.

We did wake up about a few weeks ago. One moment we were dead, the only memory we had before were our slow deaths. Now we wake up, not only alive, but shrunk to the size of an ant. It didn't make any sense.

There had to be some scientific explanation, at least that's what me and Mercury think. Isaiah is convinced that it was magic, and that we were living like a fantasy tale. I found that really ridiculous, as when it came to these things, I always hated the thought of magic being an excuse, even when it seems accurate.

I spent most of my new life staying out of danger and trying to figure out how this all happened. But it seemed that our resurrection and shrinking happened while we still unconscious, as  Mercury and I had a really hard time trying to remember anything else that happened after our deaths.

Sometimes it's hard to remember certain things, especially if you get distracted. Isaiah is eager to avoid the death of boredom, and he's even more determined to keep us from dying from it as well. So me and Mercury are always involved in his activities.

We do enjoy doing whatever Isaiah puts his mind to, but sometimes he's a little too creative, and most of his ideas of fun are a little dangerous. Especially the more height related ones.

I never really liked doing those kind of things. When I was alive, I had a big fear of heights, and whenever we were in flying vehicles or at the edge of high places, I always clinged to my dad's fur. Now that I was as small as a beetle, I was more afraid of them than ever.

Isaiah always talked me into coming along, and  always said that in order to have fun, I should face my fears. In a way, he was right, but that didn't mean I liked  the idea. Not to mention that we had a few close calls.

Sometimes the stunts go wrong and before we knew it, we were falling down, the ground getting closer and closer. Due to the amounts of times it happened, I'm surprised we haven't even broken a few bones yet or died again.

I'm always angry at Isaiah whenever his stunts go wrong. I mostly glare at him since I'm usually the calm and collected type, though sometimes I do yell at him. I don't stay mad at him forever though. After all, he's a kid, like me and Mercury. As far as I knew,  he was just trying to have fun and his intentions weren't malicious.