Kidnapped

I couldn't sleep that night, without remembering what Isaiah said. Was the outdoors really safe? Or did Isaiah actually come across a lot of dangers and just managed to become so fortunate enough to survive them?

Either way, I couldn't stop sitting down at the kitchen window last night and couldn't stop staring at it. There was the green grass, and the occasional flowers. The white stars that would be replaced by the fluffy clouds by day. The bright moon that glowed in the night sky, before it would eventually switch over to the bright sun that laid dominant during the daytime.

This whole scenery....it was mocking me. At the beginning, I did wanna explore the great outdoors, but I was too nervous. I was so tiny. So many things could go horribly wrong.

So the fact that Isaiah's bravery was so big that he could go outside whenever he wanted was a big mockery of my genius.

I stayed in the kitchen until one early morning. I made my decision. I was gonna do it. I was gonna go outside and get a good taste of the the great outdoors.

Once I carefully climbed down the counter, I sprinted into the room where me, Isaiah, and Mercury woke up. It was basically some laboratory, which linked our size change to the thought that it was some part of an experiment, though Isaiah continues to believe magic is the real cause.

Since we're too small, we can't really open doors very well, and there was no one besides us that was big enough to reach the door handle. So we usually crawl underneath the gaps at the bottom.

I looked at Isaiah and Mercury who were sleeping on the counter in front of me. I had to climb up the ladder in front of the cabinets to get a closer look.

For some strange reason, the day we woke up and discovered we were tiny, we were on a small bed. It was a slightly small blue mattress, circular in shape. It had three round soft pillows that were small enough, yet they felt regular sized compared to us. There was one blanket we each shared. Its colors were somewhat misty, light pink, blue, dark blue, and purple mixed together and blurred.

I eyed Mercury and Isaiah. They were both sleeping soundly, unaware that I wasn't in the bed with them. I sighed. I knew that I was probably gonna regret this.

I slid down the ladder and crawled underneath the door gap again. I carefully sprinted around the house until I reached the big door that led outside. At first, I planned to crawl underneath to get out there, but then I finally noticed for the first time.

There was no gap for me to crawl through. Because we stayed sheltered in this house and kinda became shut ins, we never really saw this. But Isaiah said he went out outside multiple times. So he probably found another way out. He is really creative when it comes to planning and adventure after all.

After a few minutes of looking and trying to figure how he got outside, I finally saw the way. In the left corner, there was a small hole. Small, but pretty big in my point of view. I stood in silence for a moment.

I debated rather or not I should go out. I started to imagine what my own dad would say if he was right here. "Absolutely not, young lady! You can't go out there, at least not without supervision. It is way dangerous for my own daughter to be venturing on her own at that size."

You know how in some cartoons and even movies when a character is having a hard time making a decision, is doing things bad or is unsure if they're doing the right thing, and small demon and angel versions of themselves appear act as their subconscious?

Well, as I was trying to decide if it's a good idea to go outside or not, suddenly a smaller version of Isaiah appeared, having red horns on his head, black bat wings, and his cat tail was replaced by that of a devil tail.