CH 16. A Glimpse Of Realities

Snoring was heard outside of the RV as everyone was getting some much-needed rest. Sleeping on the bottom bunk, it was Gwen's turn to sleep on the chairs while Ai was napping on the top

You were enjoying a dreamless sleep when you suddenly felt a slight tickle. At first, you ignored it, but then you felt completely weightless. Opening your eyes, you were in a dark void "Oh, great. I can't even sleep"

"Wait...Y/N?"

You look from your left and then to your right and see no one. The voice sounded familiar to you, but at the same time, it felt as if you'd never heard it before "Behind you, dude"

You tried to turn around, but you had little to no control over which direction you turned, you couldn't even see who was talking to you. It wasn't until someone grabbed your shoulder and turned you around themselves that you saw them

Standing in front of you was unmistakably Ben and some weird old guy with a gauntlet and a cane "Ben?! Since when were you way older than me?!"

"Since when were you a child again?"

"As I said, these are not the people you know. These are the people who gained the Omnitrix from different realities" The old man informed your friend

"Who's the geezer?"

"Oh, where are my manners? We haven't been formally introduced yet" He said with a bow as if he were a performer "My name is Professor Paradox"

The watch strapped to Ben's wrist, the familiar hourglass along with the sleek design gave you the idea that it wasn't ordinary "No way, is that what I think it is?!"

"An Omnitrix? Yes, yes it is" Paradox answered for you

"Hey, I have one too" You replied raising your arm "How many does yours have? I can't remember the exact number but I'm at thirteen or fourteen"

"I honestly couldn't tell you. This isn't even really mine"

You floated for a moment and turned to the old guy, out of the both of them, he seemed to know more than the other. Whether that was by guessing or your personal experience with Ben, you weren't sure "What's he talking about?"

"I'm afraid we'll have to explain along the way. We're extremely short on time" He said as a portal manifested next to him "We require your assistance, if you would be so kind as to follow us" He gestured toward the portal

"What about the RV? I don't want to unnecessarily worry anybody" You did leave all of a sudden in the middle of the night

"Do not worry, you'll be able to return without anyone even noticing" He said as Ben went into the portal "If this makes you uncomfortable, you may decline and I'll return you to where you belong"

You mulled it over for a moment in your head and part of you wanted to go back. But then an even bigger part wanted to participate in whatever was happening "What are we waiting for? Let's go!"