Chapter 7

you may hate me for this, but it's important

I sat there, looking at Alice. How could someone go through all that, and still be as amazing as she is?

"Bella, say something." Again, I just looked at her. "Alice, I had no idea." She shook her head. "Bella, it's OK." Seeing I was on the verge of freaking out, she made me look at her.

"Hey, isn't your dad working today?" She was trying to distract me.

"Yeah, he shouldn't be back until after 11."

We went back to my house, cuddling on my bed.

"Are you OK?" I wasn't, but told her I was.

"Yeah."

She shook her head. "No, you're not. It's OK, Bella."

I decided to get something to eat.

I had just finished, when Alice decided to pin me against the counter, trying to distract me.

That's also when my dad chose to come home. I knew Alice wouldn't have seen that, seeing as she was distracted.

He saw us, clearing his throat.

"Care to tell me what's going on?" I looked at him, but he didn't give me a chance to explain.

I knew it would be a shock, but I never expected what happened.

"I want you out of my house."

I just looked at him, not quite believing what he said.

"Dad, I-"

"I don't want to hear it Bella, this is wrong and I won't tolerate it in my house. Now, get out!"

Nothing either of us could say wouldn't make him understand. So, I ended up moving in with the Cullen's.

Despite her protests that she was OK, Alice went hunting that night. After I threatened to have Emmett make her go, that is.

I curled up on the bed, thinking about everything that had happened that day. After everything Alice told me, and what my dad had done, I fell asleep fairly quick.

I was so worked up about it, I ended up having a terrible nightmare, falling out of the bed, and hitting my head off the locker. I sat up grumbling to myself, only to see Alice in front of me.

"I'm guessing you saw that?"

She nodded, kneeling in front of me. "Yeah, you OK?"

I stood up, rubbing my head. "My head hurts, but I'm OK." I sat down on the couch.

"Really Alice, I'm OK." It's not like I haven't done that before."

She just looked at me, as I said that. "Don't ask."

She smiled at me, taking my hand. I could see she wasn't going anywhere, and no matter how much I tried, nothing would work.

I shivered, remembering the nightmare. "Are you OK, Bella?" I smiled at her. "Yeah."

I lay back down with my head on her chest, eventually falling asleep.

We spent the following day together, I was still shaken up by what had happened the previous day.

I'd been thinking about something for a while, and finally decided to just ask Alice about it.

"Alice, can I ask you something?"

Alice looked down at me, as I now had my head in her lap.

"Bella, you have a question, just ask me. I don't mind,"

I sat up, looking at her.

"Well, have you always been into girls or-"

"I like both."

I nodded, taking her hand.

"Yeah, the last guy I was with..... Well, that didn't really end well. He got possessive, so I ended it."

How anyone could treat her badly, I'll never know.

"Anyway, are you hungry?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm fine."

I smiled at Alice. "So, what do you want to do tomorrow?" The look on her face, only suggested one thing. Shopping.

"Anything that doesn't involve shopping, being kidnapped, or being crushed in a bear hug."

"Fine, no shopping. But, I cant guarantee the other two."

I sat up, crossing my legs. "So, I may be kidnapped? Oh great, now I'm going to have to avoid those two."

That made Alice laugh. "That's impossible in this house."

We spent the rest of the day talking, in her room. Just the two of us.

Alice kissing my forehead woke me up the next morning. We decided to go to the meadow, and Alice went to speak to Rosalie before we left. I had just finished getting changed, when I noticed Alice was gone. I walked downstairs, saying hello to Edward and Mitch as they left. Emmett and Adam had already left. Going who-knows where. I saw Anna, and asked her if she'd seen Alice.

"She's gone out with Rosalie. I thought we could get to know each other a little better."

I'd known Anna for two years, I thought I knew her pretty well. Alice didn't get on with Anna, but she tried for Rosalie's sake.

"Well, OK then."

We ended up going up to her room, where we just sat on the bed talking.

"So, you and Alice huh?" I nodded, feeling uneasy. "Yeah."

We spent the next hour talking. Anytime I moved, she'd move closer. It was making me extremely nervous. So, I stood up and leaned against the wall by the bed.

"Are you OK, Bella?"

I nodded, thinking about Alice.

"Yeah, where are the others?"

Anna smiled. "Edward and Mitch are out, so are Emmett and Adam, Esmé is in the garden, and Carlisle is in his study."

Anna stood up, walking over to me. "So, how are things with you and Alice?"

I smiled at her. "Great." She'd already asked me this, several times.

She stood next to me, just looking at me, making me extremely uneasy.

Don't get me wrong, she'd always seemed nice, but now I was beginning to see why Alice didn't like her.

"Rosalie had to drag her out of the house. Literally. Apparently you had plans."

I nodded, avoiding looking at her. "Yes, we were going out."

"Oh well, it seems you're stuck her with me."

As she said that, she leaned in and kissed me.

I immediately pushed her away, but she just smirked.

"I, unlike you, will never cheat on my girlfriend."

Again she just stood there, smirking at me.

"No, she wouldn't." I knew that voice. Alice. I turned to see Alice and Rosalie behind me.