chapter 1

Tears started to run down my face as Darry's words replayed in my head and the sound of the slap echoing in my ears.  ' I can't believe he hit me! I didn't even do anything wrong, I didn't mean to fall asleep'. Johnny is already sleeping most likely and I don't want to bother him with this. 

Pushing myself to keep running, I finally start to see the entrance to the park. I've ran past a few greasers, and could feel the look they were giving me, but thankfully none followed. slowing my self to a walking pace I reach the jungle gym, climbing up and resting my face in my hand, I let myself breath. 

Do I really cause that many problems? I do well in school, I don't pick fights and usually stay to myself. How come he never gets on Sodas ass about anything? I love my brother to death but he is the one who dropped out and Darry lets him get away with anything he wants. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Darry wishes he could throw me into a boys home, but Soda won't let him. I ruined his life, he could be in college by now, getting a further education if it weren't for me, but instead he's wasting away roof by roof. He'e been so stressed since mom and dad died, to stressed for a 20 year old. The gang tries to tell me that he loves me but is just struggling between work and the state breathing down his neck, but I know the truth, any love for me disappeared the day mom and dad died and he got stuck with me. Why else would he always be on my case, ready to yell at me at a moments notice.  

"HEY GREASER" 

My heart sunk. Socs, coming towards me. I don't have anything on me. 

"Well Well, look what we have here Randy" The tall blonde Soc said, getting out of the car. "A baby greaser all by his lonesome"

"what are ya doing here this late huh greaser?" the guy, Randy said, getting all up and personal. I tried leaning back but I was trapped. he whistled " Thats a nice bruise your sporting their grease, wanna tell us what happened? Did someone beat us to you.?" He pouted, then smriked "Look bob, He's even crying." 

"Awww, poor baby, what heppened huh?"

"Go away Socs, I'm not in the mood" I snarl

" I don't like your tone kid" Bob says before he tackles me, pulling out a blade, " why don't ya be a nice kid and tell us who did this to you" pinning my arms down with his legs as I try to thrash around. " Go to hell!"

"c'mon kid, we just wanna know who to thank." Randy says, smirking down at me. 

At this point tears start rolling down rapidly and I start choking on sobs, begging them to get off me. 

3rd POV

Randy and Bob exchange looks, not used to seeing greasers cry. Bob gets off Ponyboy and goes to grab something from his car. 

Randy sits down next to ponyboy awkwardly " hey kid" he starts. "We. We didn't mean to make you cry. Honestly, We just wanted to know what you were doing out so late by yourself, I mean, it half past 3 in the morning." 

Ponyboy Slowly starts to calm down enough to sit up and face Randy, hesitantly taking the bottle of water Bob offered him as he sat down as well. " Why do you care" Pony bites out, taking a drink.

"well, for started you're only 13-"  

"I'm 14!"

"14, and in the middle of the night at a park crying with a brusied cheek and cut to the throat." Bob says slowly. "why are you out here in the middle of the night" Ponyboy shoots back, glaring at the ground, extremely confused at the turn of events.

Randy rolls his eyes, " cuz we were parting. Now, your turn. "

Pony looks at the ground feeling my tears well up. he's really sick of crying. " I got into a fight with my brother after I fell asleep and missed curfew, and he hit, so I came here." 

"what about the cut on your neck" Bob pushes

"was jumped yesterday morning"

"oh"

A few more minutes pass, no one saying anything before Bob speaks up. " well, are you wanting to go home or no?" Pony thinks for a few seconds before shaking his head no. "well, if you want you can crash at my place tonight, my parents are pretty chill and won't mind."

Pony looks up at him shocked. Randy whips his head around to stare at Bob too " Is this a trick?" He asks lowly, not believing what he was hearing. "no kid, the offer is 100 percent real, and if makes you feel any better, Cherry is over there too with Marsha, I know they took a liking to you."

That does make him feel better, "Can you take me to school tomorrow?" Bob nods. "then fine, I'll go."