06 : the betrayal

Vince pulled his car into their hideout right behind Dom and got out

Vince pulled his car into their hideout right behind Dom and got out. Meanwhile Letty stopped outside the passenger door, looking at Lala climbing out from the back. "If this goes south, you run. You don't look back."

Lala shrugged her jacket off and tossed it onto the passenger seat before slamming the door closed. "I'm not leaving you behind, Leticia. You brought me in so I'm seeing it through."

Letty gave her a look as they walked up to the others. Dom took a look at everyone by the cars. "Alright, we're one man short. That's why I brought in Lo, you'll be flanking behind Letty. Leon will run CB and you'll be our backup for Vince. Letty, I need you on the left side."

"Your sister's right about this one. This don't feel good." Leon spoke up while setting his car, he didn't like that Jesse wasn't here and Lala in his place.

"Don't do that." Dom stated while looking his way.

Letty blew dust off of a gun of sorts before handing it to Dom. "Something's wrong."

"Stop." Dom sighed in frustration. He knew they were nervous, the team never ran without Jesse before.

"We shouldn't be doing this without Jesse." Letty continued, speaking Dom's thoughts aloud. The two were always like that. Lala looked over at them all having their doubts. If they were nervous then she sure as shit was even more nervous than them. She ran a hand through her hair and leaned against the black civic.

"This is the motherload. We've been on this for three months." Dom looked at his crew, including Lala. "After this, it's a long vacation for everyone. Let's go."

"I hope so." Leon spoke lowly, almost going unheard. He pat Vince on the shoulder, who was getting his helmet and gear ready, then made his way over to Lala and spoke in a soft voice to her. "If you get spooked and have to run, there's no shame in that."

"Did Letty put you up to this?" She crossed her arms and looked up at him. Why did he care so much for her already? Sure, she really cared about him but that's because she easily got attached to the men in her life.

"No she didn't, this is all me. I just want you to be safe even if that means dipping out on us." Leon clarified and she gave him a small smile. "I know shit ain't gonna work out with us but I still care."

Lala leaned up and pressed a kiss to his lips. "I'm sorry, loverboy. Maybe in another lifetime."

Before Leon could respond to her, she had walked to her driver's side and opened it. Leon paused by his own door and looked back at her and then at Vince. The two men did a signal, letting them know they got eyes on each other.