Wizard Duel

'You're joking.'

'That's insane!'

'No bloody way'

It was dinner time. Alora and Astra had just finished telling Mattheo, Jasper and Theodore what had happened when they'd left the grounds with Professor McGonagall. Jasper had a piece of steak-and-kidney pie halfway to his mouth, but he'd forgotten all about it.

'Seeker?' Mattheo said looking over at Alora with wide eyes. 'But first-years never – you two must be the youngest house player in about –'

'– a century,' said Alora, shovelling pie into her mouth. She felt particularly hungry after the excitement of the afternoon. 'Wood told us.'

'I told you lot we were brilliant didnt I?" Astra grins widely, reaching over to Jasper's plate to grab one of his chips, 'Not our fault you didnt believe me' she shrugged happily

'That's insane though... youve only been here for about 2 weeks and you've both made the quidditch team already?' Theodore said, shaking his head proudly. He threw his arm over Astra's shoulder, 'you're gonna go easy on Slytherin right?'

Astra scoffed, 'hell no,' she laughed

'They don't need to go easy on Slytherin, our team will win anyways,' Mattheo said with a shrug

'You just keep on telling yourself that buddy,' Alora grinned over at Mattheo

Jasper was so amazed, so impressed, he just sat and gaped at Astra.

'We start training next week,' said Alora. 'Only don't tell anyone, Wood wants to keep it a secret.'

'Well you just told us didnt you?' Mattheo asked, his eyebrows furrowing as he looked over at her, spinning his fork between his fingers

'Well yeah, you guys are our friends, why wouldnt we tell you?' Alora said, her eyebrows furrowed a little bit. Mattheo nodded, not replying to her words. He could see how excited she was over this, and he was happy that she had found something that she really enjoyed.

Fred and George Weasley now came into the hall, spotted Alora and Astra and hurried over.

'Well done,' said George in a low voice. 'Wood told us. We're on the team too – Beaters.'

'I tell you, we're going to win that Quidditch Cup for sure this year,' said Fred. 'We haven't won since Charlie left, but this year's team is going to be brilliant. You must be good, you two, Wood was almost skipping when he told us.'

'Anyway, we've got to go, Lee Jordan reckons he's found a new secret passageway out of the school.'

'Bet it's that one behind the statue of Gregory the Smarmy that we found in our first week. See you.'

Fred and George had hardly disappeared when someone far less welcome turned up: Malfoy, flanked by Crabbe and Goyle.

'Having a last meal, you two? When are you getting the train back to the Muggles Potter?'

'Oh shove off Malfoy, you seem to be a lot braver now that you arent getting rock cakes thrown at you from meters away. Like seriously, I thought you were supposed to be an amazing flyer, how the hell didnt you dodge them,' said Jasper coolly.

'Shut up Rowle, you looked pretty comfortable on the ground doing absolutely nothing,' Draco snapped at him

'Yeah Malfoy, that may have something to do with the fact that we couldnt see the point of stealing something that belonged to someone who just broke their wrist,' Mattheo said, a sarcastic smile on his face as he tilted his head up to look at the boy threateningly