Prolougue

They call her the Raven.

She's sharp, precise, and coldhearted. Witnesses say that those who kneel in front of her never rise again.

No man is nothing compared to her.

She is the very definition of a warrior, a fighter, and a leader.

She was told her entire life that she could never serve her country as a soldier and not only did she serve her country but she became its ruler, a ruler that reigned in history.

Alexandria Deveraux was a name for the books.

No faltering, no halting, no distractions—

"Which is why she needs to be killed."

Billie's professor's stern voice takes her out of her daydream and she makes eye contact with him in which he responds with a knowing look.

Staying back after class again.

She closes her sketchbook again, not before glancing down at her drawing and she smiles at the bright and familiar green eyes that look back at her.

She pays attention to the older man, at least she tries to, until the bell rings. She watches as her classmates exit out of the classroom one by one until it's only her left.

Her professor sees this and approaches her with a smirk. "Please don't bother." Billie holds her hand up before he gets any closer.

"What did we talk about?" He raises a brow. "I know, I know. I'm trying, you're just kind of boring sometimes." She laughs lightly.

He chuckles as well before stopping and going to snatch her sketchbook out of her hands. "Hey!" She stands up straight. "We need to have a serious conversation and this book is a distraction."

"Can I have it back? And then I'll listen." Billie asks him, reaching for it. "Do you remember exactly what you're here for?" The professor asks her and she pauses her worry for her notebook for later.

"Yes."

"Which is?"

"Get rid of the enemy."

"Which is."

"Alexandria."

"Who?"

"Alexandria Deveraux." Billie responds correctly. "So why were you so distracted today?"

Billie scoffs loudly. "I am allowed to be distracted. We eat, breath, and consume everything about Alexandria. I get it, we all get it."

"No, you don't, Billie," He shakes his head. "No one, including you, will ever get it until this country has her head in a museum for display. This is the sole reason why you're here. Just like you said, you eat, breath, and consume her. As you should, I need you to surround yourself with her, I need you to dream about her, draw her, never forget her, hell, be her!"

Billie takes a step back at his words and blinks slowly. "You are a not a little girl anymore, Billie. When you first landed here, at a mere five years old, me and the rest of your teachers knew that it would be you."

"Me." She gulps. "Yes, you," He nods again. "It would be you to satisfy us. It would be your name in the history books along with Alexandria Deveraux,"

"As the person who delivered her head to us."

Author's Note: Back like I never left!!! Did you guys miss me!? What do you guys think of this one?