15 | Nightmare Or Memory?

|||

|||

[Nightmare Or Memory?]

They had all made it back to the Helicarrier, surprisingly in one piece. a few scrapes here and there, but nothing they couldn't handle. Loki had been walked to his cell by S.H.I.E.L.D. Guards. Fury decided to pay him a little visit.

"In case it's unclear, if you try to escape— if you so much as scratch that glass...." Fury warmed, opening the floor below the cell, "It's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap, you get how that works?" He yelled, pulling a lever and closing the floor. Fury pointed at Loki and then to the lever, "Ant... Boot."

Loki laughed, "it's an impressive cage, Not built, I think, for me." He presumed. And he wasn't wrong. The cage wasn't meant for him.

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury insulted the god. Loki didn't seem to care for the small insults here and there. He was actually pretty unfazed by them.

"Oh, I've heard." Loki smirked, turning towards the security cameras, "A mindless beast, Makes play he's still a man" He hummed.

Everyone was watching, and Loki somehow knew that. Ivory and Nat were the ones watching the screen directly head on, as the others stood around the room. Nat looked up and glanced over at Dr. Banner. Loki continued to speak, "How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?" He questioned Fury.

Ivory mentally scoffed at Lokis intimidation tactics. He continued to listen in closely as he could, no matter how pissed the gods words made him. He wanted to see what Director Fury had to say to Loki.

"How desperate am I? How desperate am I?— you threaten my work with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun.... You have made me very desperate and you might not be glad that you did." Fury's voice rumbled as he walked closer to the glass that separated him from Loki.

"Oohhh....It burns you to have come so close, to have a Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power...And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share." Loki smiled like a devil, "And then to be reminded what real power is." He finished.

Fury turned to walk out, "Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something." He quipped, fully exiting the room.

Natasha turned off the live feed, "He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Dr. Banner was the first to speak up.

"Oh yeah, definitely." Ivory half-joked back with the Doctor. He laughed, but it wasn't a normal laugh. He was angry.