Prologue

The ride so far was pretty relaxing for me. Tall trees were seen through the window as the car passed them, with big mountains and hills behind them. I was wrapped in my own world while looking out the window.

The sound of small puddles from the rain making small splashes and the car driving on the now not bumpy but smooth roads. I almost couldn't hear the muffled sound of my mom and big sissy having an unnecessary argument in the background. Almost.

The sound of their fighting got louder. Then louder...and then louder. I don't like it.

I frowned, my eyebrows furrowed as I looked away from the window, now looking down at my rag doll in my arms. My arms tighten around my rag doll more, trying to drown out the arguing. I look up and see my dad handing me my noise-canceling headphones.

My eyes lighten up as I happily take them. Dad had already turned them on as I put them on my head. I heard nothing but sweet silence.

I like it.

Looking back out the window, something in the distance caught my eye. A beautiful pink castle-looking mansion just barely visible behind the trees. Something that looks as if it came out of a book.

I stared at it for a while. I felt someone poke my shoulder. It was my big sissy.

I take my headphones off, looking in the direction of my sissy. She smiled at me. Then, pointing at the window to the pink castle.

"That pink place is where we're going to live. It also has a big garden behind it. Isn't that exciting?" She explained to me trying to lighten the mood.

I nodded at her question, making her show a genuine smile rather than what she was putting on to seem excited. Sissy wasn't excited about moving at all in the first place. I know that.

So why does she show me she's excited about it if she doesn't feel it?

I'm knocked out of my thoughts, feeling the car turn. My body leaned in the direction as it turned. The car, now driving on a dirt road.

My eyes start to shine and brighten as I see the pink castle now in a closer view. It was on top of a hill, the pink building looking beautifully made with small but noticeable details in the architecture. The building looked to be at least 3 stories and had a hanging sign reading 'Pink Palace Apartments' in front of the pink building.

'Huh...Pink Palace Apartments?' I thought. 'Something feels...off.....'

'I don't like it'