Ménage

Shaam bhi koi jaise hai nadi,
Lehar lehar jaise beh rhi hai,
Koi unkahi, koi unsuni
Baat dheemi dheemi keh rhi hai.

A week later
Mumbai

"Will you murder these sandwiches with your creepy smile" A horrified Atharva screamed from the kitchen window pane.

"What! " A startled twin dressed in a Jean shorts and a baggy shirt looked aside towards the window where his crazy brother was screaming.

"You know, you should try going to a psychiatric before we start this trip. Look how creepily you are smiling. " Atharva again complained in a similar tone.

"Are you mad or what! Definitely you are! Let's book an appointment for you instead." Siddhika is a calm girl but her half brained brother gets on her nerves as soon as he opens his mouth.

"Paise de! (Give me money) Doctors are not free these days. I will take appointments for both of us." He suggested as if he won the verbal battle between the two.

"Hmm, Miser" She muttered under her breath while packing the sandwiches in Tupperware boxes and then placing them in a picnic basket.

"You just shut up" He shouted from the window.

"What a nice comeback bro." She retorted back with a glinty shine in her eyes. His brother has the lamest comebacks.

"Actually It's better than yours" He screamed from the window for the last time and then jumped back to the ground which was the backside of their home.

"Look who is saying" She jabbed which went unheard by him.

Five minutes later she was done with wrapping all the varieties of snacks in the boxes. She closed the picnic basket and started filling the water bottles kept on the counter.

Her brother is all time lazy as fuck and other time clumsy as duck. Either he would be in the car jamming the punjabi beats on full volume or he would be on his phone seeing reels somewhere in the house.

"All set siddhi"

Siddharth nigam enters the kitchen with a cap in his hand. He placed it on her head.

"Yess, snacks and lunch are packed just this last bottle is left and Haan thank you meri cap dhundhne ke liye". ( for finding my cap). Finally she got her favorite cap, the one matching with her attire.

"Your welcome darling and I hope so snacks and lunch must be good enough to eat". He said jokingly.

"Of course dad, your handmade food is heaven. I was craving for sandwiches for so long and you just made them early in the morning." Closing the bottle cap she turned towards him and smiled he smiled in return and then side hugged her.

"I know you were missing them isliye banayi hai". (that's why I have made them)

Getting no response from her he tapped her shoulder taking her out from the trance that holds admiration for him. She wanted to hug him back and say that she loves him but it doesn't look good. She is not a child she is a young 17 yr teenager. Her teachers in school had advised her not to be so close to her young father. She got influenced with those words and it's been 2 years since she has hugged him willingly.
She felt guilty but had no one to share this turmoil. She tried telling this to her chachi who favoured her teacher.