28.

"Do you have to come with me?" Atsushi asked as Fukuzawa handed him a blue and white yukata. It was time for the Spring Festival but Atsushi was a bit upset since as soon as he had told Fukuzawa about the date, he immediately suggested that they all go together as a family.

The older man simply mumbled, "A festival is a public place, Atsushi and I take the others every year. Besides, we'll make sure not to bother the two of you."

"I guess so."

"Just know that Edogawa is bringing his own boyfriend with him too."

"Are you bringing, Mori-san?" There was a tense silence and Atsushi slowly felt awkward. "Um, Fukuzawa-san...?"

His adoptive father just quietly walked away and he decided to just get ready without a second thought. Nakajima just naturally concluded that their relationship hadn't worked out. Their personalities were vastly different and Atsushi wasn't too fond of Mori-san either. He wasn't too surprised about it but that didn't mean he had wanted them to break up.

Hopefully the trip to the festival will get his mind off of him.

Atsushi went to go change into his yukata, making sure that the collar was on the correct as he looked into the mirror. He was a bit nervous cause he knew that he'd separate from the group to spend alone time with Akutagawa. This would their first official date, albeit with supervision.

He felt his cheeks flush a bit in embarrassment.

The teen pulled out his phone to text his boyfriend who said he'd be arriving with Gin in 20 minutes. A knock at the front door surprised him as he put the phone away, Atsushi thinking it was the two siblings somehow showing up earlier than expected.

He quickly descended the stairs to go open the door, only to be greeted by Ranpo and Poe. The taller of the two looking awkward without a raccoon resting on his shoulders. “Oh, hello Ranpo-san, Poe-san. I wasn't expecting you two to be here so early.”

Atsushi stepped aside to let them in, closing the door after they walked into the house. Poe was wearing a purple yukata with black accents, looking a bit awkward even with the long bangs curtaining half his face. Ranpo was dressed in the usual brown yukata he's had since 2 years ago, Atsushi doubted he'd ever get a new one.

The three of them conversed with each other, the white-haired boy trying his best to get to know his brother's boyfriend who seemed to stumble over his words. Hopefully they'd be able to get more comfortable with each other.

Another knock echoed at the door, the youngest of the three pulling the door open. Atsushi greeted Akutagawa and Gin, letting them into the house to introduce to the other guests in the house.

“This is Akutagawa and his younger sister, Gin-chan. Akutagawa you remember Ranpo-san and his boyfriend, Poe-san, right?”

“Yes, I remember them. It's good to meet you again,” he replied, bowing to them in greeting along with his sister.

The two older students bowed in return. “It's good to see you too,” Poe uttered before being surprised by the odd look Akutagawa was giving him. “I-Is something wrong?”

“Sorry but it's just that you've put your yukata on wrong,” he said bluntly.

Everyone turned to look at the tall man, noticing how the right side of his collar was on top instead of the left. “Ranpo-kun, w-why didn't you tell me? You know I'm still learning.”

Edogawa merely shrugged with a sly smile. “You never asked for help so what was I supposed to do? But come on, let's go fix you up.”

“Huh? Don't do anything odd...”

They're so weird, Atsushi thought as the couple went upstairs together.  “We should go wait in the car,” he suggested to the Akutagawa siblings and they all went outside together.

“You look pretty,” Akutagawa admitted in a hushed tone, making sure his sister couldn't hear.

Nakajima blushed lightly, pulling at the ends of his sleeves. “Thanks, Ryu. I think you look pretty, too,” he replied in an equally hushed voice, smiling at his boyfriend's red ears.

Even though they had tried to be subtle with their clear affection, Gin still noticed and it put a smile on her face. She was glad that her older brother had found someone new to open up to and hoped their relationship would remain the way it is.

The adults finally exited the house and Poe's face heated up at the realisation that his boyfriend would have to sit on his lap for them to fit in the backseat. Edogawa didn't seem to mind though, a smirk on his face as he made himself comfortable.

“Is everyone in the car?” Fukuzawa asked before starting the engine after receiving a reply. Driving to the location where the spring festival was held.