Chapter 17: Kismat

Enjoy this chapter. I left it on a cliff hanger!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Later at 10 pm...

Veer looked over at the window where Bani was standing. She gazed at the rain splattering against the glass and smiled blissfully. Raat ko baarish achi lagti hai tume? Veer asked. Bani nodded her head, breathed on the window and then drew a smiley face. Hmm. Bauhat. Veer remember when I tried to give you the umbrella? Veer rolled his eyes and chuckled a bit. Of course yaadh hai. Uss umbrella ki vajjah se itna jagda hua humaara. Sweetheart come to bed now. Bani giggled then jumped on the bed and hugged him tight. She looked up at him, and he kissed the tip of her nose. Kya soch rahi ho? He asked as he arched his eyebrow. Bani sighed and kissed his chest, then rested her cheek there. With a frown she whispered Soch rahi hoon ke aggar main uss party parr nahi jaati toh hum milte bi nahi. I was planning on not even going. She felt Veer massaged her behind gently. He pinched her cheek and laughed a bit. MmmHmm. You're wrong. Hum toh definitely milte. Bani sat up slightly and kissed his lips gently. Kyunke hum dono ki jodi baghwan ne banayi? Veer shook his head, making Bani pout. Ha banaayi hai...lekin hum ek aur vajjah se milte. Tum Manav ke rishte ko haa kehdeti, voh bi eventually ha kehdeta aur firr humaari pehli muleqaat hoti aur- Bani stopped him suddenly by slapping his arm.

Manav kyun ha kehta? He wasn't even interested. Veer gulped. He hadn't confessed to Bani that Manav wanted to marry her and it was their dad who forbid him. He wanted to eventually tell her the truth, but now he was couldn't keep up with all the things he had kept hidden from her. Voh...voh...baby I mean tum itni achi ho na? Toh eventually voh bi tume passand karne lagta. Lekin firr bi tum aur main ek hote. Bani rolled her eyes. Kyunke tum Veeranshu Singhania ho aur Veeranshu Singhania ki charm se koi nahi bach sakhta? Veer threw his head back in laughter. He pursed her lips together, kissed them a couple times and then wiggled his nose with hers. We would see each other and slowly fall in love. Bataao ek bhaar muje dekh ke tum apne jazbaaton ko khaabu mein rakh paati? Bani sighed and wrapped her arms around his back. Nuy...hum kahi bi milte, kaise bi, kissi bi haalaat mein...ek doosre ke ore keeche challe jaate. Veer stop now. Stop making me think of almost marrying Manav. I married you. That's it. That's the story. Veer pulled her hair to the side, about to go in for a kiss but then he heard her phone beep.

Baby tum hi dekho. I'm tired. Bani whined. Veer swung his right arm around and picked her phone up. Kaun hai? Bani asked with a yawn. He squinted his eyes at the screen that showed there was a text message. Kissi ka message hai. The number isn't saved. But I feel like I recognize it. She shrugged in response and kissed his neck. Dekhlo. Koi spam message hoga. A moment of silence dragged on. She frowned and looked up at him wondering what was taking him so long. When she saw the expression on his face she knew something was up. He sat there staring at the message, red in the face with anger, and mouth muttering profanities. Veer...kya...kya hua? Bani asked. She looked over at the message and the first line made her gulp. "Ek na ek din tumaara patti apna asli roop dikhaahi dega". As Bani read the rest of the paragraph she felt Veer quickly leave her embrace. Uski itni himmat? He...he's started messaging you now? And he talked to you outside of the jewelery shop? Veer said, voice rising. Bani looked here and there in shock and then heard the door open. Veer stop! She shouted. She ran up to him as he tried to get through, and then pulled him back. Veer what are you doing?! She asked, eyes wide.

Veer looked back at her with his jaw clenched and held his finger up. No Bani. No. Aaj nahi. Aaj main nahi rukhoonga. He said such disgusting things to you in that text and on top of that had the audacity to talk to you in person all while I was in plain view?! Bani I'm not going to stay quiet today. Aaj main iss Daksh ka kissa hi khatam kharta hoon. Bani stood in the doorway and held her arms out. She jutted her chin out in defiance as Veer glared her down. Bass karro Veeranshu! Why do you always need to resort to violence?! Please just stop baby...calm down...breathe...Veer stepped back in confusion. Calm down? Breathe? He said such nasty things about you since the moment we met. I held myself back. When I told him we're engaged now he still tried to defame you. Even then I had to hold myself back. Bani I'm your husband. I'm supposed to protect you. From anyone and anything that tries to harm you. Bani sighed and rubbed his chest. Veer...main samajti hoon. Lekin kiss kisse protect karro ge? Aise stupid log toh harr jaggah mile ge. Please Veer...please meri baath sunno. Veer turned around and threw his phone on the ground in anger. Bani jumped slightly in shock at his behaviour.