𝐬𝐢𝐱, 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒎𝒆

Tobias

I walk in the doors, the smell of under cook sloppy joe engulfs me. Usually the smell of the terrible food would instantly put me in a bad mood, and I just go off on whoever would even slightly piss me off. But now, at least at the moment, it doesn't bothering me. Maybe because I have other things on my mind.

I really fucked up, Elijah doesn't even want to fucking look at me. I want to give him the answers that I didn't have last night. I want to change for the better, I don't want to be the same asshole I've been for the past few years. I-

"Tobias?" I hear a familiar voice call, my head wonders, and I see Ellis? He looks at me, surprised. Probably surprised to see me alone. But I needed this time alone to think, without my 'friends' being around. Then his facial expression changes, from surprised to angry. Which surprised me.

Ellis stormed up to me, which completely confused me. He grabbed me by my wrist and dragged me out to the hallway.

"What?" I ask, wondering why he seems mad at me. His face cutely put into a frown.

"Why?"

What the hell is he talking about?
"Why, what?" I crossed my arms.

"Why are you bullying Elijah?"
My eyes widen, who told him? Fuck, does he hate me? I can't have him hate me too.

"I-I-... I don't know why I did it. But I know I don't want to anymore." I look at him desperate. His lips still form in a frown. "I think because I was always angry, and started to pick up habits from my stepdad, or I did it because my friends did it aswell. But I know that I don't hate him. I regret doing all of it."

"Ok, ok, ok, I understand. I just needed to make sure." He lets out a sigh of relief, which caused me to tilt my head slightly.

"What do you mean 'you needed to make sure'?"

"Elijah had told me everything in the bathroom and I wanted to know if you really hated him... I told him I'd talk to you." He ran his hands through his dark and silk hair.

"So you don't hate me?"

"For what you did, yes. But from what I think your trying to change. Your just not around good people." He sighed before staring me in my eyes.
"You need new friends. The one's you have  done nothing but made you a bad person."

I know... But they are all I've had. For the longest of time.

"But, I understand that they're your friends. Just don't do everything they do, especially if it involves you hurting another person. Ok?" He sent me a smile, before patting me on the shoulder.

I smiled back, and before I knew it he had pulled me into a hug. "See you after school?" He asked, the vibration of his voice on my shoulder and I felt a tingling sensation on my cheeks.

"Yea." I replied, hugging him back, my face slightly nuzzled in his black hair.

I can tell Elijah has been avoiding me all day. Because he has at least two classes with me, and he hasn't been in either of them not to mention that everytime he sees me, he walks the other away.

I finally have the answers that I didn't have last night and he won't even look at me in the eye. But I wouldn't wanna look at me either.

Maybe I'll see him at Ellis's house. Maybe I can apologize. And just maybe, he'll accept my apology.

As I continued my walk to Ellis's house I pull out my phone and I see many unread messages from Jordan. Once I read them my heart drops to my ass.

"Fuck!" I screamed, turning around and sprinting to the direction of my house.

I've reached my house, out of breath. Looking up I see an ambulance and a few police cars.

"Mom!? Jordan!?" I screamed over all the noise as I made my way closer to the house. But before I could get through the door I saw my stepfather in hand cuffs being harshly dragged to the police car. Which lifted my spirits, was he finally gone?

But then what's the ambulance here for?

Next thing I knew, I saw my mom on a bed being rolled out. My eyes widened.

"Mom!?- What happened to her!" I barked, biting down on my lips as to hold the built up emotions in me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to turn around. It was Jordan. She had a black eye, along with a small cut a little too close to her eye for comfort.

"Oh my god! You're ok!" I pulled her into an overwhelming tight hug. And she quickly hugged back.

"W-what happened?" I slowly pulled back, my hand on her triceps. She has tears spilling over immensely. Which was never like her to cry like this.

"I- I tried so hard. It just wasn't *hic* enough." She pulled me into another hug, sobbing in my shoulder.

I hugged back, "Jordan please... Tell me what happened to mom..."

"When I got home, everything was fine. Then I hear crashing and loud bumping, so ran out of my room to where mom was. And he was beating her so I jumped in to stop it but punched me, and shoved me. Then he kept hitting her.

I quickly called '911' know I could do this alone before calling and texting you repeatedly. I ran and jumped on his back, trying to wrestle him to the floor which I succeeded and I was beating while we were on the floor. But he pulled out a knife and made a deep cut near my eye, then stomping me in my stomach before going to mom and stabbing her in the stomach.."

I didn't know what to do, nor what to say. I didn't even realize my knees had gave out, and we were sitting on the ground still hugging each other.

"I-... Is she... dead?" I mumbled, only for Jordan to hear. She can't be, please we can't lose our mom too. We lost our dad, now our mom? Please... not her too. Tears slowly poured down my face, staining my cheeks.

"They haven't said anything yet.." She replied back.

I hugged Jordan tighter, was she the only thing I have left?

We heard footsteps approach us and an unfamiliar voice. "Are you the children of Chelsea Thompson?"

We looked up at the officer, and both of us replied with a simple 'yes'.

"Well your mother is-"