An unfortunate week

The next week wasn't what anybody expected at all.

          There was a lot of crying, a lot of anger, a lot of confusion.

          Mr. Sims had left our high school to go work at another high school, and we've been on the search for new band directors. A certain someone was the only teacher we could hire. He didn't even have a music degree.

          His name was Mr. Lyles.

          He already had a bad reputation before we first met him. He wanted us to wear different uniforms, he was firing our drum techs, and he decided to get rid of front ensemble. He wanted a show band rather than the band we had. We had later found out he wanted us to be exactly like our rivalry school.

          Even though I haven't known these kids for long, I was furious. I understood how it felt to have new band directors every few months. It was upsetting and sad. But like the section we were, we stuck through everything and kept our heads held high... barely.

          On another note, I started talking to the kid who I thought was younger than most. His name is Samuel. He has straight light brown hair, and shiny brown eyes. He's actually the same age as me, and is in the same program as me.

          I found out the other kid's name. His name is Keelan. He is also the same age, and is also in the same program. Most of the kids in percussion are in the IB program.

          At the end of the week, we all met Mr. Lyles. He was a big guy with the most upsetting voice, and terrible mindset. We tried to ask questions, but most of the time he just ignored them and continued to rant on about us being a "great band."

          I wish I could say it gets better than this week.

315 words