A Sip Away

⭒✧☕✧⭒

Ah. There he's again. The silver haired boy who comes every day. You couldn't deny that you looked forward to the silent greetings from him. A little nod was all you got but that would cheer up your day. He walked up towards the counter. He was a person who liked to buy the same things he bought before which was his taste. He'd order the same drink each day, except on some occasions where he would try new things. And today was one of those days. You stepped forward to the side where he was waiting to take his order. He stood looking around the café. He placed the slightly wet umbrella on the umbrella rack placed for the customers on the side. The noise of the rain ceased as the door slowly closed behind him. He moved to the counter to order.

"what would you like, sir?" You'd wondered if he just marveled at the café's interior or if he just stands there as he has nothing to do. His eyes are what makes you wonder the former question. He had a look of curiosity and appreciation in his eyes. He then turned to you and took a moment to think.

"do you recommend anything?" he asked. There was a moment of silence as you pondered for a moment, before answering with a different question.

"ah do you have any... preferences or allergies or such stuff?" you clasped your hands in front of you, standing politely while looking at the customer for a reply. His eyes wandered back to the hazelnut brown counter before pulling his head back up to answer.

"no. I'd like to try your something you like to drink" he gave a small smile. You blinked for a moment.

"something I like? Mm..." you placed your finger over your chin and thought. Well I do suggest the f/d!" you placed your hands over the counter and leaned your head forward, waiting for a response. He nodded without any hesitations. "oh, and if you don't mind, I'd like a cupcake. You can give one you like if it's alright with you" he added, trying to be respectful as possible.

"ah sure. I'll be back with your order in a moment~!" you smiled before starting the preparation of his drink. You were quite an expert at it as you'd make it quite often to enjoy and relax after a hard day of work. Maybe sometimes due to the rush hour... anyways you felt happy to make a drink you enjoyed for someone else.

Caelus on the other hand, sat down in one of the comfortable chairs in one of the corners and stared out the window while waiting for his order. He enjoyed the calm peaceful vibe of the café. The yellow and orangy light from above added on to the peace. He had to admit he liked the fire-like colours no matter where it was. The clinking of the spoon against the glasses were heard in the background.

A few minutes went by when he noticed footsteps moving towards his table. He still didn't take his eyes off the window. The pitter patter of the rain droplets was only faintly heard. He continued to watch the droplets of water sliding on the window, his mind doing the raindrop race in silence. Some slid off fast while the others slowly moved towards the bottom of the glass. He finally turned his head as he noticed the candle light gently swaying and the soft noise of a glass plate being placed on the table.

You served him his order and smiled at him. He glanced at his food and turned back at you to smile back. You nodded your head and returned to the counter. There were less people since it was a rainy day. You didn't complain as you got to get a little while free.

You looked around, feeling slightly bored. Your eyes automatically wandered to the only customer in the café at the moment. He was just... eating. You caught yourself smiling slightly at the sight of pink cream near his mouth. A feeling blossomed within you but you didn't know what that was. He was just enjoying his drink and cupcake yet you felt the urge to call him adorable. But realizing how weird that must sound, you stopped yourself.

A bite into the cupcake. It was super soft and sweet. His eyes glimmered in happiness and a small smile appeared on his face. the soft pink strawberry flavoring wasn't too sweet nor tasteless. It had a light taste just enough to satisfy someone. The precisely cut thin strawberries on the top gave it a little soft crunchiness. He took another bite from it, and glanced over at the two marshmallows on the sides of the area where the cupcake was placed. One was pink and one was white. He picked up the white marshmallow and popped it into his mouth. It was soft and squishy and sweet. He liked the marshmallows. It melted in his mouth as he sipped his drink. He thought of complimenting you before he left.

A little while passed by as you zoned out while staring at him as the guy enjoyed his food. He the got up and walked towards you, causing you to exit your little dreamland of thoughts. He smiled and stopped at the counter.

"I enjoyed the food. I have to be honest, you have good taste" he complimented as your face flushed slightly out of shyness.

"heh, thank you! those are my favorite" you gleamed happily as a small number of butterflies played ballerina in your stomach. They were twisting gracefully, making your attention move to the performance instead of the customer in front of you. you noticed and slowly cursed at yourself in your head and payed attention.

"mm. I might do this again someday. Ah, and... y/n right?" he asked. Oh how could you forget? You'd exchanged names a while ago. It was a silent friendship. You nodded your head before giving an answer.

"yup. And you're Caelus!" you chimed. He smiled and nodded, happy to know you remember his name. the silence made you realize you had to give him his receipt. You quickly went back to work, and told him the amount that he had to pay. He slid his hands into his pocket and pulled out his wallet and took the money and paid. You smiled as he took his receipt.

"oh, can I get a pen?" he suddenly asked out of nowhere. You nodded and searched around for the asked object and handed it over to him after you found it. You watched him take the pen and move to a table and write something down on his receipt. He turned back to you and placed the receipt on the counter, gesturing you to pick it up. You slowly, feeling a bit confused, did as he said. The scent of coffee lingered through your noses as you read what he had written. Your face turned a gentle shade of crimson as you read it. You felt like disappearing forever and never appearing. You'd never gotten asked something like this before. You didn't wanna look back up at him, as he waited for a response.

"dinner...?" you questioned, your voice tinted with shyness and happiness. You finally looked up at him as his eyes sparkled with anticipation. You took a moment to gather your thoughts before replying. "I- I mean I'd love to..." you spoke through nervous breathes. You felt happy that he'd like to hang out with you. it's like a date! Your mind began dancing along with the butterflies in your stomach now.

"when does the café close?" he asked.

"well it closes at um... eight thirty" you answered. Another moment of silence. This time, the silence made the noises of the rain audible. You stared at him, a bunch of thoughts running circles in your mind.

"great. I'll see you then" he nodded his head and grabbed his umbrella from the rack, giving you one last glance before walking out the door. You stared at his figure through the glass door, the bell from the entrance jingling as he exited.

You watched him walk away through wide windows which had raindrops running down it. You stared until he disappeared off to the streets, the feelings you had earlier where bubbling up more now, the lid of the pot shaking due to how much it was bubbling. You smiled to yourself before laying your head onto the counter.

I'm sorry for the cliché overused romance story<3