Chapter 2

Please ignore how inaccurate this is. Did you know that it takes around  3,000 newtons of force to slice through the human spine and that the average human male only has about 50 - 200 newtons of force in a punch?

You immediately jumped at it, aiming straight for the neck. It dodged your attack and took a breath. 'It must be like that last demon.' You thought. Was that a thing? Has it even happened before? Two demons having the same power? It didn't matter now; you could think about it later when you weren't in the middle of a fight. This second demon was much larger than its predecessor and probably a whole lot more dangerous as well. Was this the 'Sokuyatsu' that last demon was screaming about? You heard a scream, and you were reeled back out of your head, the bashed-up boy was yelling something that you couldn't quite understand. You turned your head around and saw that the demon was charging at you faster than the smaller one had. With not enough time, you lurched out of the way. Your shoulder was clipped by the speed demon, and you fell to the ground with a thump. As you hit the ground you felt all if the air rush out of your lungs.

While you were left on the ground, gasping for air again, the demon had turned around from it's charge and walked over to you, climbing on top. The struggle to get air back into your lungs was harder now that the demon was pressing down all its weight onto you. It growled for a moment, glaring at you before it spoke in grating voice.

"You killed my brother." A statement, not a question. You answered anyway, trying to distract it from your hand reaching your katana that had flew aside when you were knocked down.

"Uh, no. You must ha-" The demon glared and pressed down even harder. You sucked in as much air you could take, trying to keep the black dots that swam at the side of your vision away.

"You did. I smell him on you." Your eyes didn't leave his as your fingers stretched across the dirt, blindly searching for your katana. The hilt brushed your fingertips and you tried to grasp at it. It kept slipping only just out of your reach. Black dots covered your vision and suddenly you were a little scared that you might not win the fight. Was this how you would die? Being chocked? You hated to think about it but there were kinkier ways to die. There was a fast-building yelling and then the demon on top of you was thrown off and rolled away. You gasped, taking in as much air as possible, the black dots slowly disappeared as you looked up to see the guy from earlier. Blood and sweat dripped down his face and for a moment your heart thumped louder than it ever had. Until it some of the sweat mixed with blood fell your Haori and you cringed at it, disgusted. You muttered a small thanks and rolled away from under him.

The demon was lying on the ground, covered in dirt and mud. You quietly walked over to it, making sure it didn't know you were there. You had your katana in your hand and raised it above your head as you stopped slightly behind it and positioned the blade so that it would slice right through its thick neck. Its head jerked around just as you had started to bring the katana.

Oh shit.

The demon launched itself at you with a scream of rage. It went straight for your neck, aiming to kill you by ripping out your throat. You shoved it off you and slashed at it with the katana. A slash appeared on the demon's chest and blood started to pour out. The gash quickly sealed itself and the demon wasn't fazed.

Surely healing itself had to take some energy away from it.

It growled like a feral animal and lunged, its claws going straight at your face. You caught its claws with your hands and tried to wrestle yourself away from it. The demon had iron grip on your hands, and it crush down on your hands, it claw-like nails breaking into your skin, drawing blood. You grunted in pain and pushed back against it. The demon's head jutted out and lunged at your neck, aiming to bite through it. You jerked it back in response as you felt cold, wet teeth graze your neck ever so slightly, your heartrate was picking up to a quick and loud thump that resonated in your ears. Both you and the demon pushed back and forth against each other, you grunted and huffed as you pushed against its clawed hands. You spun your head around, an idea forming in your head.