14. Aarnav

A sudden urge to see Reena; I felt something is wrong, my heartbeats getting fast, everything felt like a delusional, a complete dream

I should check on her once.

I knocked on the door twice but no response, first I thought maybe she was sleeping but a part of me was not convinced.

I kept knocking for another two mins and constantly decided to get the keys and open the door just to avoid anything I was thinking at that moment.

Door opened but she was no where.

My eyes got stuck on the open bottle and medicines fallen on the bed.

I started walking towards the other corner of the bed hoping that I don't see what I was afraid of.

Reena was subconscious.

My hands started trembling, I wanted to scream out loud but my mouth couldn't utter a word.

I was paralyzed for fifteen seconds when I calmed myself and took her in my arms.

I rushed to the hospital without informing anyone because I was not able to speak, my mouth refused to move.

"Call the doctor it's an emergency." I shouted.

Everyone knew who I was so without any further delay Reena was taken to emergency room.

"Listen if anything happens to her, I am going to kill you." I warned the doctor.

"Mr. Oberoi please relax and pray for her."

Who should I pray to?
To the God?
The God who took away my parents from me?
Who made my sister suffer so much?
Who is trying to take her away from me?

There is no God.

I am the God and I am the Devil myself.
I grant people life who do good to me and I kill people who try to betray me.

And if something happens to Reena today I am going to burn down this city to ashes.

My anger was burning inside my chest and I was on the verge of bursting.

Never knew 25 minutes were so long. I was waiting to see her okay.

The door opened and doctor came out.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She is okay but still weak. You can meet her but do not give her any kind of stress." Doctor said and I rushed inside.

Her eyes were open and when she saw me she smiled slightly. Her face was glowing because she was granted with a new life when she was on the verge of dying.

"Bhaiya! " She whispered.

"Are you okay?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"Yes I am okay."

"Why did you do this?"

"Because I am not enough for anyone."

"And who said that?"

"No one said it but I always felt it."

"How do you know?"

"After Dad and you, Jeff was the one man I trusted, he was my best friend and I felt comfortable with him but he decided to just go away from my life and never show up, I don't even know if he is alive or not. The first man I loved, my first boyfriend he cheated on me with my best friend. And then comes Aadhya she made me believe in female friendships, she loved me so much, she cared for me so much, I started enjoying like a normal person but she completely broke me that day."

"Which day?"

"Two days ago I finally decided that I will go to her place and ask her why she was ignoring me because I was tired of thinking why she was behaving like that. First I called her and to my surprise she picked up after one week and gave excuse that she went to visit her old friend and that place has network issue and when I entered her room she was sitting with Roshni. Why are people always trying to run away from me? I always love them but in return this is what I get?"

I hated seeing her like this, my little sister in so much pain and somewhere I was responsible for this. She was crying for the people I removed from her life.

I was jealous when every time someone came close to her and she gave them more importance.

I knew Aadhya was not wrong in anyway, she did nothing wrong to Reena, instead she kept fighting to improve Reena's mental health and she was succeeding but I was not happy.

Reena was spending more time with her than she did with me, I waited for her at the dinner only to hear that she had it with Aadhya.

"It's not your fault, you are enough and you will always be. Ask me how worthy you are. You make my life meaningful, my house becomes home because of your presence, after Mom and Dad you are the reason I am alive so do not even think that you are not enough, just your smile is enough to keep me going in life and I want you to stay alive and become a lawyer so that people know what exactly you are capable of. You are an Oberoi and Oberoi's never give up."

It was almost morning.

Chote Papa had read my message so I was was assuming they were on their way to hospital.

I fell asleep while I was sitting on the sofa placed at the corner of room.

I got a call from Ajinkya.

"Please don't give me any bad news."

"It's a good news."

"What?" I asked.

"The witness we had, we tried to find his family and when we caught them we threatened him that his family will be killed so he gave the name who hacked in our system."

"Who is it?"

"Daksh Singhania, our biggest rival."

"I had a doubt but I couldn't say anything without any proof. Did you record his confession?"

"Yes!"

"Great. Good job! "

I was about to hang up but he interrupted.

"Also I think something is wrong with Aadhya."

"What do you mean?"

"She hasn't left her home since last five days and her clinic is also closed. I found out that she has cancelled all her appointments for the next two weeks. I think it's very fishy to just disappear and stay inside four walls all of a sudden."

"She is planning something, something big. Do one thing; hack her phone and I need the access."

"Okay I'll give you the access within one hour."

"Did you find any link between Aadhya's mother and Choti Maa?" I asked.

"No, still working on it."

"Okay."

Reena was supposed to be discharged day after tomorrow at evening and the next morning I am going to have a meeting with Singhania and the boyfriend who had the courage to cheat Aarnav Oberoi's sister.

These two days I am going to spend with Reena and take care of her while I think about the revenge on Singhania; I am not going to kill him, I will do something worse than a death.