CHAPTER 1: LOST

Creaking sound of crickets and crunching of dried leaves filled his ears with every steps as he walk further and deep in the forest, alone.

His raven hair sways along the gentle blow of the wind as it caresses his cheeks, ever so gently.

He was lost but not scared. He was calm and not in a panic state.

Curious bambi eyes wander around the field and seems to be looking for something.

After minutes of walking, he halt after hearing a light growl.

Eyes squinting as he look ahead.

In a far distance, in a dark cave behind the bushes he saw blue yet glowing eyes.

Mesmerize, he took slow yet careful steps towards the unknown creature who took small steps backward, scared.

The boy slowly raise his hand, reaching out to touch it but immediately pulls back as it whimpers cowering from him.

The boy stares at its long and pure white fur, long ears, small paws and its blue eyes. He smile, eyes turning crescent as it shines.

"Wolfie"

---

Inside the meeting room, hunters surrounds the table as they listen to their leader, Jeon Wooshik as he speaks,
"We need to build a--" he started but was immediately cut off by the door being slam open.

There stand his sons sitter Kim Jennie who seems to be in distress while breathing heavily as sweats runs down her forehead.

"Mr. Jeon" she says out of breath as she had run all the way to the meeting room.

"What's wrong?" he ask with furrowed brows, confuse.

Nervous, the sitter gulp and shakily speaks "J-jungkook, his-" she pause and look down, fidgeting.

Running out of patience, Wooshik ask again but firmly this time as he wants to know what happened to his son.

"For goodness sake, speak!" he yell out of stress

"His gone"

---

The pup continue to back away and out of the little boy's reach, too scared of what might happen if the boy will take a hold of the poor pup.

"Don't be scared, Wolfie" Jungkook says and continue to walk closer.

Another whimper left the pup as its back hit the wall, knowing he was trap, so it hide its head with its paws and hears the boy giggles at his cute action, making the pup to peak a little but immediately hides back as the boy took another step closer.

"It's okay, Wolfie. I won't hurt you" the ravenette says and was finally able to feel its fluffy white fur.

The wolf was stiff at the contact at first but slowly calmed down by the gentle strokes of its fur, leaning into the touch.

---

Moments pass as the whole room went silent by the words that came out of the sitter's mouth.

"What?" the leader ask in disbelief

"I'm so sorry" she whispered, head bow down

"What do you mean by gone?" he ask, anger and worry lace his voice

"I-i went outside with him to play a-and while playing, h-his ball went far s-so I told him to stay as I was going to get the ball, b-but when I returned h-he wasn't there" she explained stuttering with teary eyes.