↯11

Jaehyun: What do you mean escaped?

Iseul: He was not there when i walked in. And i searched every single cctv. I think he had help, because our cameras blacked out for a good two minutes.

Jaehyun wasn't too angry. Not when he knew his father was getting suspicious of him, because he was not participating in any of the missions. All the causes of him being so hung upon this case. 

Jaehyun: Fine... forget it.

He turned the other way while massaging the back of his neck. But when he turned he saw his father's brother staring right at him. The elder motioned Jaehyun to enter another room which he hesitated to do but still followed his uncle into the conference room.

Uncle Jeong: What did I just hear?

Jaehyun: Uncle, he was only getting on my nerves-

Uncle Jeong: And did you think what you will say or do when your father hears of you getting hostages without his knowledge? You know that eventually he will know.

Jaehyun: You wouldn't tell him... would you?

Uncle Jeong: ... I will not. But don't pull this shit again. You know he is not very fond of you Jae. 

Jaehyun: Yes I know... to him only Daeri exists.

The elder's eyes softened and he placed a hand on Jaehyun's shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze. But that feeling didn't last long.

Uncle Jeong: And I know what you're doing with Mina.

Jaehyun's eyes widened and he quickly looked away.

Uncle Jeong: Drop it Jaehyun.

Jaehyun: Uncle I can't. You know what happened to Mom and you know that's not okay-

Uncle Jeong: What you're doing isn't okay either. And Segyeong is doing better. Maybe its time you go visit your mother.

The male let out a shaky breath, slowly realizing what his uncle was implying.

Jaehyun: Are you trying to send me away from here?

Uncle Jeong: Don't get the wrong idea Jaehyun. Its not only me who knows that you're digging this. Even your father does. And before he raises his control over this, I want you to be away. 

Jaehyun: Uncle-

Uncle Jeong: Its for your well being Jae.

Jaehyun only shook his head, unable to understand the situation.

Jaehyun: How? How is it good for me? Do you know who actually did it? It wasn't dad was it?

Uncle Jeong: No...

Jaehyun: Was it Doyoung's dad?

He pursed his lips and Jaehyun let out a groan, looking away.

Jaehyun: Did I know Doyoung? ... before Mina's father's death?