Determining interest

Here are the details of how the contest would work.

This contest will take place over 16 weeks. We will post initial story prompts that you will pick from. Each week, you will write a chapter based on in-story prompts we will give. There will be ten to twenty in-story prompts to choose from each week. In-story prompts are prompts of where you can take the story.

Basically, you will choose your main story prompt at the start of the contest. That is your big story idea. Then you will choose one of the paths to take your story each week. Cards may be something like character death, someone gets a big promotion, two characters fighting, ect... There are endless possibilities of what the prompts could say. You'll have lots of places you can take your story with the ten to twenty choices each week.

Prompts will be posted once a week for 12 weeks. The first week you will not have to pick an in-story prompt. You will pick your main prompt and start your story however you'd like. You will have 16 weeks to write your story. You don't have to submit each week and will only have to submit your finished story at the end of the 16 weeks. This will give you lots of time to work on it. It will also allow people to start later if they need. You can start any time after it opens as long as you are able to submit a completed story at the end of the fourteen weeks. You can have more than 12 chapters, but chapters 2-12 must follow the in-story prompts.

Questions here --------------->

Do you have an interest in participating? It will be helpful to know if we will have enough interest to hold the contest. Please comment here------------>

If you would like to see this contest happen, when in 2024 do you think would be the best time?