II. the beginning

*heartsick*

Chapter Two - The beginning ────────────────────────

────────────────────────

After about ten minutes and some bribing from Lily they got James to sit down. The screen in front of them went black signaling they were ready to start the movie. Ophelia tensed in her seat before she felt a hand in hers and looked over to see her mother, all her worries went away.

A neighborhood on a street called Privet Drive. An owl, sitting on the street sign flies off to reveal a mysterious appearing old man walking through a forest near the street. He stops at the start of the street and takes out a mechanical device and zaps all the light out of the lampposts. He puts away the device and a cat meows. The man, albus dumbledore, looks down at the cat, which is a tabby and is sitting on a brick ledge.

"MINNIE" All four of the marauders shout.

"How many times have I told you boys not to call me that?" She asks, trying to hide the smile on her face.

"Not enough" Sirius says with a cheeky smile on his face.

"I should have known that you would be here, professor Mcgonagall" Albus says

The cat meows, sniffs out and the camera pans back to a wall. The cat's shadow is seen progressing into a human. There are footsteps and minerva mcgonagll is revealed.

"Good evening, professor Dumbledore. are the rumors true, Albus?" She asks him.

"I'm afraid so, professor. the good, and the bad." He said.

"And the girl?" She wonders.

"Hagrid is bringing her." He says simply.

"Do you think it wise to trust Hagrid with something as important as this?" She asks.

"I would trust Hagrid with my life" Ophelia says "Just not my secrets" She says with a smile.

"Ah, professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life." He states.

There is a motor sound, and the two professors look up to see a flying motorcycle coming down from the air. It skids on the street and halts. A large man, hagrid, takes off his goggles.

Sirius drops to his knees with the biggest gasp you have ever heard.

"Moony, I NEED it" He tells him in all seriousness.

"No" Remus says without hesitation.

"I- but" Sirius pleads.

"No" Remus repeats, and the conversation ends with James trying and failing to keep his laughter in.

"Professor Dumbledore, sir. Professor Mcgonagall." He greets.

"No problems, I trust, Hagrid?" He asks the giant.

"No, sir. Little tyke fell asleep just as we were flying over bristol. heh. try not to wake her. there you go."

Hagrid hands a baby in a blanket over to Dumbledore.

"Awww" most of the women coo as the small child making Ophelia go red in the face and Ron just laughs at her before he sees her glare and immediately shuts his mouth.

"Albus, do you really think it's safe, leaving her with these people? i've been watching them all day. they're the worst sort of muggles imaginable. they really are" Mcgonagall worries.

"There only family she has." He says

They stop outside a house.

Lily gasps seeing what house it is. James tries to ask her whats wrong but she just keeps shaking her head.

"This girl will be famous. There wont be a child in our world who doesn't know her name." Mcgonagall tells the two

"Exactly. She's better off growing up away from all that. Until she is ready" He replies

Hagrid coughs and sniffles, he is crying. He clears his throat.

"There, there, Hagrid. It's not really good-bye, after all." Dumbledore consoles the emotional giant.

Hagrid nods. Dumbledore takes a letter and places it on the baby, who is now at the foot of the door. The baby has a visible lightning-bolt shaped scar on his forehead.

Regulus takes notes in his head looking at the scar, he has an idea of what it is, he just hopes it's not what he is thinking.

"Good luck...Ophelia Potter" He says in a whisper

The camera pans into the scar and the opening title shows:

OPHELIA POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE

-let me know how you guys are enjoying the story and if you like the writing style and if i should continue, love you!