Chapter 2-The Reunited Winchesters

Dean's POV

When Opal left, things began to turn back to where they were. Sam constantly asked when she was going to come back, but dad always told him she's found a new family, which broke his heart. He missed her very much. Although she had only stayed with us for a month, he called her our sister. No matter how many times dad told him to stop calling her sister, he never listened. For once, Sam and I disagreed with dad(subtly). To us, she was our sister and no one could ever change our minds.

I tried to keep Sam occupied by reading to him, but he got sad and told me he didn't want to read anymore. Even though the motel room filled up with the sound of the TV again, I continued to read. It was the only thing that made me feel like Opal was still here and that we had a somewhat normal life.

After a week or two had passed by, I decided to steal some quarters and dial Bobby's number. It was a risky move, but surprisingly dad didn't care. While he was interviewing a witness in town, I took Sam to a phone both, quickly put in the quarters, and dialed Bobby's number which I had gotten from dad's phonebook.

"What's wrong Dean?" Sam questioned as he tugged at my shirt.

"Shhh..." I replied as I heard the phone ring. My eyes kept darting at the store dad walked in. The ringing continued. Just as I was about to give up, I heard a familiar voice.

"Hello?" I heard Bobby question.

"Bobby?" I asked.

"Dean? What are you doing? Everything alright?"

"Yeah yeah. We're fine...Hey Bobby, can I talk to Opal?"

"Uh sure. Let me go get her."

I let out a sigh of relief as I heard Bobby cover the phone and call her.

"Hello? Dean?" I heard her voice question.

"Hey Opal." I reply. There was a pause.

"Why'd you call?" She asked.

"Don't tell anyone I said this, but Sam and I miss you."

"...Really?"

"Yeah."

Before she could say anything else, I gave Sam the phone.

"Opal?" He asked, and I knew she responded by the way his eyes lit up like the fourth of July. For the entire minute I paid for, he talked to her, grinning from ear to ear. When the phone gave the warning ring, Sam passed the phone to me.

"Sorry Opal, the phone's about to hang up."

"Okay. Goodbye." She replied.

"Bye."

Not long after I hung up, dad came out of the store. Luckily Sam and I were already in the car, seat belts and all.

On the drive back home, Sam still wore the grin he had when he talked to Opal. I could tell he was trying to hide it so dad wouldn't ask. I even tried to conceal my smile . Talking to Opal really cheered us up, even if it was just a brief chat. Hearing her voice calmed me for some reason, kind of like a mother's voice can soothe a child to sleep.

As time flew by, we began to call her weekly, and for once, dad didn't get mad. He saw us on the phone, but he didn't do anything, which was unusual for him but I didn't waste that opportunity. When we did call her, Sam would talk to her first, then I would. If we had the money, I'm sure I could've talked for hours and hours. We were growing pre-teens who were confused about the supernatural world around us. That's when she began to open up, and after many months of talking, she told me how her parents had died. I could hear her voice shaking when she described how she had woken up by the sound of her mother screaming and her father lying in a pool of his own blood. Her mother was being devoured as she tried to get out, and that's when dad came in. He helped her escape.