𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 sat in McGonagall's office, tapping her fingers on her legs she shifted her weight on the stool she was sitting on

𝐉𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐕𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 sat in McGonagall's office, tapping her fingers on her legs she shifted her weight on the stool she was sitting on. The cold wood against her skin being a cruel reminder that she was alive.

Her eyes darted around the room seeing nothing had changed she even noticed a painting a did for her favourite teacher consisting of James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter. She was going to put herself in it but decided against it. She frowned as she saw Sirius had been scratched out.

"How are you alive?" McGonagall brought Jane back into awareness of the two who were speaking amongst themselves with a glare towards the girl.

"I-I don't know." She picked at her fingers until they started bleeding. "I just woke up I the room Serverus found me in before I saw Dumbledore on the floor dead beside me I did see the runes, though I think he gave his life for mine." She became quieter towards the end.

McGonagall sighed before turning to Serverus, "Go get the veritaserum."

Serverus nodded and left swiftly not willing to make eye contact.

"I'm going to have to inform the authorities but before that I believe you should show me these runes." McGonagall said as she led the way back to Dumbledores office.

-
McGonagall gasped as she saw Dumbledore's body, "I can't believe-"

"The runes are here." Jane interrupts as much as she wanted to mourn she knew that if these runes were correct she was brought back for a reason.

McGonagall wiped her eyes and sniffed before looking down at the runes despite what many believed McGonagall was gifted and had studied ancient runes. She gaped as she saw it.

She looked over everything and realised what she had to do she pulled out her wand and got rid of the runes.

"What are you doing?" Jane asks.

"Nobody can know you were brought back it would cause an uproar Dumbledore asked me one time that if something where to happen, I would have to deal with it. Now I know what he meant." McGonagall smiled sadly before turning to Jane with a sharp look. "Nobody can know."

"That's fine I was on a mission when I died anyway." Jane said looking down slightly.

"We might have to get you a new identity or at least a reason for you still being 19." McGonagall thought aloud.

"That would be fine I was working on something before I died in order to allow people to stay more youthful for longer." Jane says as she remembers a project from her fifth year.

"Okay that manages the 19 part what about keeping you close by." McGonagall realises the solution. "You could be the deputy headteacher I'm going to become the Headmaster." McGonagall becomes quiet, wiping a tear.

"What about the order?" Jane asked.

"You can do that as well as you won't be teaching any classes." McGonagall says.

"I'm going to have to tell the students." McGonagall says.

"Ill bury the body." Jane says as she glances at the elder wand, putting it in her pocket.

-

"Students I regret to inform
Headmaster Dumbledore has passed away in his sleep." McGonagall glances out, standing at the podium as she hears gasps around her.

"Due to this unfortunate circumstance classes will not be held for a few days whilst this is going on I will be claiming the title of Headmaster whilst I look for a new deputy head. In this time of mourning should you need anything come to us. You are all dismissed."

McGonagall and the teachers start to leave as some students try to run over to find out more.

Professor Quirrell smirked in his seat that old coot was gone finally.