Sixteen

Fixing things...

* Ralph's POV *

It's been a few days since my meet up with Ryland. He was right. Completely right. Anything that happens in my relationship is all because of me. I do wish I wasn't like this with her. I can't help it for some reason.

I've been everywhere today, buying a ton of stuff for her to place in a basket. I know it seems dumb but I want my wife, I need her. I don't want to be like this anymore, and I want help. And I can't do it without her.

As I walk into the house, I see Roni sitting on the couch, watching some type of cartoon. She's so cute, she doesn't even know it. She has her glasses on. I always tell her she looks even more beautiful with her glasses but she never believes me. She casts her eyes from the tv to me and reached for the remote, muting the cartoon.

"Hi," she greeted.

"Hey, baby," I greet back. I set down the basket and held my arms open, wanting to hold her. She removes her tiny blanket from her body and walks to me and into my arms. I wrap my arms around her body holding her to me. "I've missed you today," I tell her.

"I've missed you too," she responds. I smile and kiss the top of her head. "Is there anything specific you want for dinner?" She asked.

I smiled and ran my fingers through her beautiful hair. "I was thinking takeout. Your pick." She smiled at this and nodded. I picked up the basket from the floor and handed it to her. "For you, all for you," I tell her. "I've been talking to my brother and he's opened my eyes to a lot. I'm so unfair to you, Roni, and I know I hurt you and it's been going on for a while. The fact that you've stayed throughout all of it really means a lot to me. There's mornings I wake up and feel you just to see if you're still here."

I see her eyes glistening with tears. I don't shower her with affection as much as I should, and I want to do that more. I grab her hand and walked to the ottoman. I sat down and pulled her on my lap. I kissed the back of her hand and her palm.

"You are my heart and my soul," I tell her. "I know I don't act like it, but it's true. I'm so sorry, babe. Not only for my actions, but my words too. I should never blame you for me laying my hands on you. Never. And I will try to fix that. All of it," I say. I sigh and bring her hand to my chest. "I want us to do marriage counseling. I want us to grow into something better. I want to have a family with you. I want a whole lot with you, Roni, that I've never wanted with any other woman," I confessed.

By this time, tears were streaming down her face. I don't know if these are sad tears or happy ones. I wiped the tears from her face and leaned into her, connecting our foreheads together. She cries and leans her head in my chest. I shush her softly.

"Shh," I say. "Don't cry," I tell her. I hate her crying. It breaks my heart so bad. "What's wrong, baby?"

She calms herself down and wiped her tears. "I just want us to be better, Ralph," she said. "I don't want us to be like this anymore. I don't want to fear you anymore. I just want you to love me."

My heart shatters. "I do love you."

"You don't act like it," she clapped back.

"I know, and I'm willing to change that," I tell her. "I promise."

She sighs and leans down against my shoulder. "Please don't break this promise," she says.

I nodded. "I won't, okay?" She nodded. I kissed her forehead and pulled her to me, caressing her cheek softly. I don't know what I would do if I broke this promise. I want to try my best to prove to her that I will be better for her, but I don't know how to.
.
.
.
* Khiri's POV *