𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐀 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

THE SNOW FELL FROM THE SKY LIKE GLITTER, decorating and sprinkling on the roofs of tall and short buildings alike. The market people chattered lively as if the cold could not be felt by any of them, focusing instead on the happiness they felt for the first few times in more than a decade.

Being within the walls could not feel happier.

Deeper within the walls, however, sat a frowning empress, watching the fall of the snow as she sighed deeply. She tore her eyes away from the scenery from the window of the fourth floor of the enormous castle and focused instead on the book in her hands.

She was in the second to the last chapter, having to already be more fluent in speaking, reading and writing after a whole year of diligently studying. Of course, she was grateful that her father was by her side but she felt as though there was a missing piece in her heart, a piece that had already been too far from her reach.

F/n let out a deep breath before placing the book on the table next to her. Surely, the Empire could last a few days without their empress, right?

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Feeling the striking hit of the wind, F/n rode through the large empty space. The hood above her head protected her from the snow as Ares furiously ran through the night.

The giants were asleep, unaware of the fresh treat swerving past them. The moon was as bright as ever and it would have been better without the winter atmosphere. The empress gripped the reins of her beloved horse, tightening her hold for every minute that passed by.

Despite the cold and the night, despite the dangers of lurking outside the walls accompanied by titans, despite everything and every risk that she had to take, everything felt right. It just felt right to roam around alone at night in the dark with no one but Ares and herself and a satchel of apples for sustenance.

It was not a small trip to travel from her home. In fact, it took her three days and three nights and when she got there, the lights within the walls were illuminating the darkness, allowing her to see what was there to see.

Her breath appeared visible in the cold ambience as Ares galloped more slowly as they got closer to the wall. She dismounted her horse and approached the wall, placing a hand on the ground before releasing her powers.

The slashing sounds were audible as the crystals formed a slope from the ground to the top of the wall. F/n mounted Ares and guided him up the slope. She then placed a hand on the crystal and activated her ability once again, the wind blowing past her as the crystal shattered into millions of pieces.

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐒 → 𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐢 𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐧 🎉