A Near Fatal Mishap

Yo lmfao so I'm sorry it's been a whole while since I've updated this book but I've been busy and life has been crazy. Like straight up got hit by a van and some threatened to shoot me (unrelated) over the past month so yeah. Anyways, I got bored and found this in my drafts and was like "wow, I should finish this!" and so now we're here talking about gay Minecraft fanfic LMAO.

Anyways, enjoy.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Steven, I feel like this is a bad idea."

"Only a bad one if I fuck this up." Steve said, eyeing the cliff side. 

"Steven, you do realize how insubstantial you are in the grand scheme of things, right?" Herobrine asked, as he watched Steve walk away from the edge and towards a nearby tree. "Is this really worth the chance of death?"

"Yes."

Steve reached into the sack he had slung over his shoulder and rummaged around in it, then pulled out a rope. 

"That won't hold, you know that, right?"

"Not with that attitude it won't." Steve replied, putting the rope around the tree. "Hmm… Wonder if this will be long enough…."

"I'd worry more about how sturdy it is." Herobrine continued, eyeing the rope. It looked like it had seen its fair amount of use. It definitely wasn't in the sort of condition good for this sort of strain.

"It's fine." Steve said, rolling his eyes. "I tested it before we headed out."

Herobrine could tell he was lying. He'd watched Steve get ready for today's little venture, as he usually did. He knew it was probably something that could be perceived as a bit creepy, but at this point, he knew it would just be another drop in the bucket to how Steve felt about him at this point. Besides, watching Steve get ready for the day reminded him of back before he'd become what he was now. Back when he was still human. Better times, for sure. Though knowing what he did now, he wasn't too sure he'd have chosen to do what he did.

Steve tied the rope around the tree, and gave it a firm tug to check the strength of the knot.

"Perfect."

Steve took a step back, and then set the coiled end of the rope down on the ground so that he could remove the sack from around his torso.

"If you're planning on going down there, you should probably bring that with you."

Steve paused for a moment, and decided to take Herobrine's advice. He picked up the rope again and pondered how he'd tie the rope around himself this time. Last time he'd put it around his waist and had ended up regretting it, as he had screwed up and found himself stuck upside down. Thankfully it had been a smaller cliff and Alex and some other person had been there to help him, so the threat wasn't exactly deadly, though it definitely could have resulted in some horrible injuries that would have incapacitated him.

Sighing, Herobrine stepped forward. "Need help?" He offered.

"... Yeah…"

Herobrine approached him while Steve held the rope out to him. He took it and walked around Steve, then began to attach it to the harness on the other man's back. Herobrine had to admit, he was quite impressed by Steve's ingenuity when it came to crafting things. He hadn't ever considered the idea of using a combination of leather and slime to create a more comfortable harness, despite it being such a stupidly simplistic idea.