𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐠 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐜𝐬

In the town of Santa Carla, California, it was the year 1987

In the town of Santa Carla, California, it was the year 1987. As summer arrived, locals flocked to the beach to surf, have fun and forget their troubles. The sun's beam illuminated the water around the town, highlighting the ocean's ripples. The boardwalk teemed with locals, stores and carnival activities, intensifying the sun's blistering heat.

In the crowd of people of varying ages, a nineteen-year-old boy stood out of place with his paler complexion and subtle tan. Despite being well-known in the community, nobody paid much attention to him. This was partly because he was a local, having been born in the town, but also because everyone was caught up in their activities and conversations with friends and family.

The boy's name was Ozzy Cooper. He appeared older than his actual age, dressed in a muscle tank top, army-printed cargo shorts, and combat boots. He had jet-black hair that extended to his mid-neck, which he found to be uncomfortable due to the hot weather outside. Ozzy had a mission to collect five comic books for his dad's birthday, even though he was not happy about it. His mom had to bribe him with chocolate milk to get him to agree to it. In the end, the bribe worked and Ozzy set out on his mission.

After navigating through the crowds, Ozzy finally arrived at his destination: Frog Comics, the only comic book store in town. It was one of the sources of his dad's happiness. Upon seeing the neon sign, Ozzy huffed, finding it a bit over the top for a mere comic book store. As the teen walked inside the store, he was greeted with a vast collection of neatly arranged comic books. The shelves extended along the middle and all the walls. It was surprising to see how small the shop looked from the outside but inside it seemed huge. Ozzy couldn't help but think that his dad was right about this place. To him, it was now intriguing, wanting to know if they had any vampire comics that would only increase his obsession with the supernatural species.

As Ozzy walked through the store, scanning the shelves, he felt eyes on him. He turned to the counter and saw two younger teens staring intently. After seeing them, he went back to looking for the comics that his mom had sent him to buy. After some time, he finally found the five comics he was looking for. As Ozzy was about to walk towards the counter, he noticed a single comic book that caught his attention. The cover featured a vampire and the title in bold letters read "Vampires Everywhere!" The teenager considered buying the comic book and checked his wallet to see if he had enough money to buy it along with his dad's comic books.

As he found the required amount of money, he realized he could finally buy the vampire comic he wanted. Though he was happy inside, to others, he appeared like an unapproachable teenager. Ozzy walked over to the checkout counter and placed the comics on it. He didn't look at the boys who were still staring at him. He took out the exact amount of money he needed and waited until one of the boys added up the prices. The other boy stood to the side with his arms crossed, still observing Ozzy.

Ozzy heard footsteps approaching him. The boy behind the counter informed him of the price for all the comics while the other boy slowly made his way towards Ozzy. "So, you're interested in vampires?" The other boy asked in a gruff voice. Ozzy nodded his head in confirmation as he handed over the money. All he wanted was to leave, end this conversation, and go back home. He was afraid that the boys would think he was weird. Ozzy saw the two boys exchange a glance before returning their gaze to him. "Well, you're in luck. We happen to be vampire hunters," he said. Ozzy was intrigued. They hunted vampires? They believed in them? He suddenly felt the urge to stay in the comic book store and listen to what they had to say.

Ozzy felt a rush of excitement when he met two people who shared his obsession with vampires. Though he tried to hide it, a small smile crept onto his face. The younger boy asked Ozzy if he wanted to join them in their mission to hunt and kill these creatures. Ozzy was impressed by the boy's dedication and didn't hesitate to accept the offer. His voice was deep and gruff, sounding like he had just woken up. The two boys were thrilled to have recruited a new member to their team and exchanged proud smiles.

The boys continued to chat about vampires for another twenty minutes while occasionally serving customers at the counter. Ozzy learned that the boy with longer brunette hair and a bandana was named Edgar, while the other with shorter black hair and slightly tanned skin was named Alan. They were brothers who worked in the store and practically owned it since their parents were always getting high in a corner. Ozzy checked the time and realized that his mom would be expecting him home by now. After he said his goodbyes and waved to the boys, he left the store and walked back home. He hoped his mom had remembered to buy him the chocolate milk she had bribed him with.