11

CHAPTER ELEVEN ( real life / imessage )

CHAPTER ELEVEN
( real life / imessage )

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Alone in her room, Marley sat cross-legged on her bed. Surrounded by the soft glow of fairy lights as her phone laid in her lap. The screen displayed her camera roll filled with countless photos and videos of Dante.

Marley knew it was time to move on and let go of the past. So, she began the laborious task of deleting videos and pictures that once meant the world to her.

Each swipe felt liberating, but the emotions welled up inside her. His smile in their vacation photos, their laughter in videos from junior prom, and the tenderness in their selfies.

She couldn't help but wonder if she made a mistake. Should she have fought harder to keep him around, instead of shouting to the world that she was with Matt. Even while deleting the photos, she couldn't stop thinking about Dante. It was driving her insane.

She should have been furious with Dante. She wanted nothing more than that, but it seemed impossible. Their relationship was intense and filled with joy, but it also ended in betrayal.

For most of her adolescent years, Dante was there. He helped shape Marley into the person she became. He felt like an extension of her. How could she move on from that?

With a sigh, Marley paused, tossing her phone beside her. She felt the emptiness of her room. The silence that replaced their laughter, and the void left by his absence. Dante's presence still lingered, haunting her every thought.

Her mind bounced to Matt.

He was another thing she couldn't stop thinking about. She felt lost about how to handle their dynamic.

Their situation had been far from simple. Matt made it clear he wasn't interested in fixing what was broken between them. His rejection stung, leaving Marley feeling stuck, helpless, and endlessly contemplating her next move.

She laid on her back, gazing at the ceiling. Her mind searching for answers. Marley wondered how they had got to that point. What had gone wrong, and why had their friendship unraveled? She couldn't escape the endless loop of thoughts about their broken friendship.

She envisioned the words they'd share, the apologies she could offer, and the laughter she hoped they could still have. But, the reality was different.

Marley knew she had to make a choice. To keep pursuing a friendship that may never come, or to accept that some relationships are only meant to be memories.

She was determined to mend the broken pieces. She didn't know how to make it happen, but maybe someone close to Matt could offer help.

Marley reached for her phone beside her. Her thumb scrolled through countless names of people she hadn't spoken to in weeks. Stopping at one name that caught her attention.

Chris.

imessage

Chris: chris s
Marley: mar🤓

mar🤓
hey
i know this is
super random
but can we talk?

chris s
yeah what's up
is everything okay?

mar🤓
everything's fine.
just need someone
to talk to

chris s
i can have matt
drop me off at
your house rn

mar🤓
i can come get you
also
can you not let matt
know i'm picking  
you up?

chris s
yeah
come over whenever