13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN( real life / imessage )

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
( real life / imessage )

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"White or blue?" Evelyn questioned, putting two different shirts against her body to get Marley's opinion.

Marley pulled away from the shopping rack in front of her before shifting her attention to Evelyn. She hadn't spent much time with Evelyn since they befriended the triplets. Nick and Eve were practically glued at the hip since they met. Which Marley didn't mind, she found it endearing how well they got along.

"White," Marley nodded, continuing to stifle through the clothes in front of her. They'd been at the mall for hours, unhappy with most of the stores they went into. Evelyn was having much better luck as she carried around bags from each store.

Marley was growing frustrated at her lack of options. She had found a few shirts but they weren't cute enough to actually purchase.

"I'm gonna go try these on. Can you watch my stuff?" Evelyn smiled, carrying a pile of clothes as she stepped towards the dressing rooms.

Marley gave her a nod, walking towards the numerous bags on the floor. Once Evelyn was out of sight, Marley began looking at her choices again. The only items she actually liked weren't in her size and she was just ready to go home at that point.

She huffed, dropping her hands from the hangers she sorted through. A voice behind her gaining her attention. "Are you finding everything okay?" The female voice questioned.

Marley turned around to see a young girl with blonde hair and bright green eyes. She had seen the girl a few times at parties as she was dating Dante's bestfriend. "Oh, hey Marley!" The girl smiled.

"Hey Amelia." Marley gave an awkward smile back. Marley really wasn't in the mood to talk knowing Amelia was going to ask too many questions.

"I heard about everything with Dante, that really sucks. But I'm sure you're doing well since you and Matt are together. How are you guys?" There wasn't a hint of malicious intent with asking that question. Amelia just seemed like a genuine girl who was looking out for a friend.

But how were Marley and Matt? The honest truth was, terrible. She had seen him a few times at school, but it was just more painfully awkward interactions. Chris and Nick would attempt to lighten the mood, even though not much could fix it.

"We're doing good. I'm actually just looking for an outfit for our date," Marley smiled. It was truly terrifying how good she got at lying.