15. Aadhya

"What do you know?" I asked the house helper

"Take a seat."

We took a seat at dinner table.

"Jeff was a brilliant student and he was excellent in football. Reena and Jeff were best friends since they were in first standard. Reena's brother was always against their friendship but both of them took it lightly. I always warned Jeff to stay away from Reena but he never listened, because he secretly loved Reena but he was afraid to confess it because of the fear of losing her."

He started coughing.
I pour water in the glass and offered him.

"Thank you."

"Your welcome." I said with a smile.

"But one day I felt something strange, I felt something bad is about to happen. Jeff usually came back from college till 5 p.m. and if he was supposed to get late he always informed me
It was 7 p.m. but he did not return, so I decided to go and check in his college."

He paused for a second.

"It's okay take your time, speak when you are ready." I patted him.

"When I went there the watchman said that no one is there in the college and did not allow me to go inside, but I still argued with him to let me inside. I soon gave up and started walking away with no hope but then I saw Jeff's pendant, it was just a small broken part of pendant but I was sure it was his. The road from where I got the pendant was a long straight road which led to a abandoned area which had nothing except for a broken building. My instinct told me that Jeff was inside the building, I could feel his presence so I kept going inside without making any noise. When I went on 2nd floor I..... "

He started crying.

"Uncle, it's okay. Stay calm and relax, try to breathe normally."

I tried to calm him down and bring his breathing to normal.

"I saw that they were torturing Jeff. I wanted to go and save him but I knew that I was not enough to save him in front of 4 bodyguards and... "

"And who? " I asked.

"Aarnav Oberoi."

I was stunned. I did not know how to react.
Why was I stunned? When Reena told me about her best friend I immediately thought that Aarnav did it but now when my doubt was turned into reality I was not able to accept it. My heart was not ready to accept that Aarnav can do such thing, how can he do that to someone innocent just because he is close to his sister?

"What did you see?" I asked.

"They were torturing him. I did not think of anything other than recording it because it will help me as a proof to go against Aarnav Oberoi.
While I was recording, Aarnav Oberoi came in front of Jeff, he removed his gun and shot right into his heart and Jeff died. I went paralyzed seeing at the sight of him dying right in front of my eyes."