Chapter 48

Spencer's POV

I wait for Edward to come here, and he frowns when he sees me standing in the doorway of River's room.

"What's going on?" Edward asks me curiously, and he pushes me slightly to see what's happening in the room.

I can hear that Oliver's coming here too, while Edward walks into the room to talk with Andrew and River.

"What happened?" Edward asks them curiously. "Did you argue again? I hope that no one hit anyone, because I really don't want to spank you again." He says, and it seems that River decided to lie.

Which most likely isn't the best thing to do, because I already know that it's hard to lie to Edward.

"We argued, but we didn't hit each other." River says.

"That's not true." Andrew says, before Edward can even say anything, which makes him turn his head to see my mate.

"Then what happened?" He asks. "I heard that something fell to the floor." Edward tells him.

"Nothing happened, Andrew just got angry at me, and he came here to talk, but I got scared of him when he come here, and I made a few things fall from my dresser." River lies and I chuckle.

"You're not a good liar, everyone can see that you're not telling the truth." I say, and it makes River look at me with a glare.

Oliver asks me to step aside, so he can walk inside too, so I move out of his way slightly.

"What happened?" Edward asks Andrew and when River starts to talk again, Edward quickly makes him go quiet, before he looks at Andrew again.

"He was packing, so I guess that he was planning to leave the house for a while, but I really doubt that you know about this, because I'm sure that I would have known by now." Andrew says, and this makes Edward and Oliver look at River.

"Where were you planning to go?" Edward asks, and this makes River groan, before he sits on his desk chair.

"I wasn't going anywhere, it wasn't for me." He says, but I guess that if I already know that he's laying, then everyone else knows that too.

"I will make sure that he won't leave the house, you can go back to your room." Edward tells Andrew who nods in acknowledgement, before he goes towards me, and we go back to his bedroom.

"It's good that you found out what he was planning, because I really doubt that he would be able to survive in the woods alone.

He would have been killed by the rogues very quickly and I'm sure that he knows it, so I have no idea why he wanted to go outside of the pack lands." Andrew says.

"I sure that Edward will keep an eye on him, so let's just get some rest for now. The baby definitely doesn't like that you're stressed." I say and he nods in agreement.

So, we cuddle on the bed, and we decide to watch some TV for a while, because we can hear that Edward and Oliver are still talking with River, so I guess that we will have to wait for a while, before it will be quite again.