Chapter 2

Five years later

At Los Angeles International Airport.

An elegant woman was walking gracefully towards the baggage claim area, carrying a beautiful blonde-haired, blue-eyed little girl who looked like a beautiful doll. After reaching the baggage claim area, the woman put the little girl down from her arms.

“ Angel, you wait here for a moment, okay? Mommy is going to get our luggage, ” said the woman, who was none other than Agnes Amelia Gordon.

“ Okay, Mom, ” replied little Angel.

When Agnes went to grab their suitcases, she didn't realize that her young child was walking towards an ice cream shop.

“ I want this ice cream, ” Angel said to the shop owner, pointing to the blueberry flavored ice cream in the freezer. The shop owner took the ice cream Angel wanted and gave it to the 4-year-old girl. “ How much is it? ” Angel asked.

“ $4.00, do you have money? ” the shop owner asked.

“ Of course I do! ” Angel replied, then she opened her small bag and took out $4.00, and paid for the ice cream. “ Thank you, ” the little girl said as she turned around, suddenly she bumped into a handsome man with blue eyes and a strong jaw.

“ Sorry, I didn't mean to, ” Angel apologized to the man. The man crouched down and smiled at Angel.

“ It's okay, are you alone? Where are your parents? ” the man asked Angel.

“ My mom is over there! ” Angel replied, pointing to her mother who was getting their suitcases. The man looked in the direction indicated by Angel, but couldn't see her mother's face because Agnes was facing away from them. “ Sorry, I have to go back to my mom, ” Angel said again, and she walked towards Agnes.

Agnes, who had just finished getting their suitcases, suddenly realized that her child was not with her. She panicked and looked around to find her daughter.

“ Where did my child go? ” Agnes said in panic, looking around the crowded area with people from various backgrounds but not finding her little Angel. As she was about to start looking for Angel, her left hand was suddenly touched by someone, and it turned out to be Angel.

“ Angel, where have you been, sweetheart? Mommy already told you to wait here for a while, ” Agnes said, bowing down and touching her little daughter's smooth cheek.

“ Sorry, mommy, I forgot. I just bought ice cream over there for a moment, ” Angel replied, pointing to the store she went to earlier.

“ Okay, next time don't do that again. Mommy doesn't want anything bad to happen to you because there are many bad people here. Not everyone who seems good is really good, dear, ” Agnes advised Angel.

“ Sorry, I won't do that again, ” Angel said with regret, but her face still looked cute, making Agnes want to hug and kiss her daughter continuously.

“ It's okay. Let's go, Aunt Daniella will definitely be waiting for us there, ” said Agnes, smiling sweetly at Angel.

“ Aunt Daniella is your cousin, right? ” asked Angel while looking at Agnes' beautiful face spoiledly.

“ Yes, sweetheart, ” Agnes answered.

“ Then let's go, I can't wait to see what Aunt Daniella's face looks like, hmm, she must be a little pretty like you, right, mom? ” said Angel again.

“ Yes, that's right, Aunt Daniella is indeed very beautiful and kind, you will like her, ” Agnes said to Angel.

“ Okay, let's see, ” Angel replied.

“ Come on, sweetheart, ” Agnes said while carrying her suitcase and Angel's suitcase, Agnes's right hand holding Angel's small hand.

Then the two of them immediately headed to the waiting hall where a beautiful woman was already waiting, holding a large piece of paper with the name Agnes Amelia Gordon written in black ink. Upon arriving there, Agnes immediately approached her cousin.

“ Hey, have you been waiting for me for a long time? ” Agnes asked Daniella. Daniella, seeing Agnes' stunning and captivating appearance, seemed to not believe the change in her cousin.

“ Oh my goodness, Agnes, is that you? ” Daniella asked emotionally.

“ Yeah, it's me, ” Agnes replied.

“ You look so beautiful! I mean, you look even more beautiful than the last time we met 5 years ago in Turkey when you were heavily pregnant, ” Daniella said, then she looked at Angel who was next to her. “ Is this your child? ” Daniella asked again.

“ Yes, this is my daughter, Angel, ” Agnes replied, then she looked at Angel and said, ” Sweetheart, say hello to Aunt Daniella. ”

Angel then reached out her hand to shake hands with Daniella.

“ Hi, my name is Angelica Marie Gordon, call me Angel, ” the little girl said, and then Daniella greeted Angel by shaking hands with her cousin's child.

“ Hi, I'm your mom's cousin, just call me Aunt Daniella, ” Daniella said, admiring Angel's beautiful doll-like face, then she looked at Agnes and said, “ I can't believe you gave birth to such a beautiful child, the man who impregnated you must have been handsome, right? ”

Agnes couldn't speak, her mind drifted back to her past when she first met the man who had made her pregnant. She still remembered the name James Byron Van Houten, even though she no longer kept the card he had given her five years ago. She still remembered the handsome man's face with a strong jawline and blue eyes. How could she forget him and everything that had happened in her life? She also remembered the first time she found out she was pregnant. At that time, she was already in Turkey and had reunited with her mother. It was then that she found out she had two younger siblings, a boy and a girl. Her mother had remarried and had a daughter with her new husband, but three years ago her husband passed away due to a heart condition.

“ Mommy, I'm tired, and I want to eat ice cream. It's going to melt, ” Angel said.

“ Okay, let's go now, ” Agnes replied.

“ Let me carry your suitcases, ” Daniella offered to carry Agnes and Angel's suitcases.

“ Thank you, Daniella, we're making things difficult for you, ” Agnes said.

“ You're not making things difficult for me. Besides, we haven't seen each other in a long time. I can't wait to hear your stories. You must have a lot of stories from living in Turkey, right? ” Daniella said.

“ Yes, a lot. I'll tell you when we get to my new home, ” Agnes replied, smiling sweetly at Daniella.

“ Okay, let's go home, ” Daniella said, and the three of them quickly walked towards where Daniella had parked her car.