Chapter 28

Fergus' POV

River and I decided to go outside, and I can see that he's already regretting it, even though we just stepped out of the house.

"I have no idea what's wrong with this weather, I don't think that it was ever this cold here." He tells me, and I nod in agreement.

It seems that this winter will be very cold, because it's just the beginning, and I can barely stand to stay outside.

We quickly go towards Edmund's house, because he asked us to babysit his kid for a while.

Oliver usually takes care of him while Edmund has to leave to work unexpectedly.

From what I was told, Edmund is a tracker too, same as Edward, and that means that they sometimes have to leave in the middle of the day, if Denver needs them to do something.

And right now he has to go to the pack house to see what Denver wants from him this time.

That wouldn't be a big problem, if not the fact that his mate is in he pack house right now.

And he's helping Oliver with his work, so he won't be able to go back to his house quickly, which means that River and I will have to watch the kid for a while.

Edmund's waiting on us in fornt of the house, and he quickly gives us the kid, before he thanks us and then he shifts into his wolf form.

To be honest, I never saw any other werewolf other than River, so I had not idea that they're this big.

River's very small, but I know that he's an Omega, which is the reason for that, so I assumed that the other werewolves are a bit bigger, maybe as big as a normal wolf.

But Edmund's wolf is a lot bigger than that, and this make me a bit scared, so I take River's hand, and I pull him back towards the house.

The kid's clearly not enjoying the weather either, because he keeps groaning everytime that the wind hits us.

I chuckles slightly, and the kid must have assumed that I was laughing at him, because I hear a cute growl.

I look at him, and I can see that he's glaring at me slightly, while River's trying to keep himself from laughing.

"Believe me, you don't want to see how angry this kid can get." River says. "I know only one kid who's worse than him, and that kid will be a future Alpha when he will grow up." He tells me.

Not that I think about it, I remember that I already saw Tyson and Rhett's eldest kid, but he didn't seem very aggressive to me.

"I remember when they had to introduce him to his younger brother a few months ago.

For some reason Tyson didn't expect his son to be aggressive, but he almost killed the baby when he saw him." River says.

The both of us stay quiet for a few seconds, before we start to laugh loudly.